WTB Front bumper and headlights and other bits for my front end

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
So, due to my crash I need a new front bumper and headlights, it's an SLX is the bumper different to an LX??.

As far as I know that's it so far, I'll have to get a new radiator too but should be able to source one locally. Same with the condensor for the aircon.

My bonnet has a funky wrinkle in it too but I think we will just bash it back into shape but if anyone has one cheap let me know cause it might be better to just replace it.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Polarbear WROTE:

"What does replacing the radiator support/s entail? Welding?

The top radiator support is just bolted in, but the bits it bolts to are the headlight supports. If those are bent and need replacing, that's a weld-in job. Your best bet in that case is to try and find a micra at a wreckers that has unbent ones of those and to just cut them out if they'll let you. If the crossmember down the bottom is damaged to the point where it needs replacing - then that's not good as it means there could be other structural damage involved.

---dens

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Alrighty, well my top radiator support is slightly bent that is all (as far as I can tell) So I should be able to unbolt it and bend it back into shape :p

Do you know which fan I'm talking about though? I was looking at the parts on all crash parts but can't tell which it is :/

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Sorry I had written up a reply yesterday but forgot to post.

Given you've got aircon, I really don't know what the whole assembly is like without referring to my workshop manual (which is at home). It wouldn't surprise me at all if there's an extra fan for the condensor, but which one is actually broken? Which bits are broken? Images of what you're looking to fix would help here.

I'd imagine that if there's one on the drivers side that it would be the condensor fan, as the rad fan should always be on the passenger side (as that's where the radiator always is.. I believe..).

---dens

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Thanks guys, I thought as much. It's actually just the plastic surround that is broken and I could probably use some glue to glue it back together but I'd prefer to replace it. Might glue it now and replace it in the future... really depends on how much (or rather little) money I have.

Back