Wow its fast

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys in the middle of taking the y piece off the goes across the rocker i noticed that where it branches left to go towards the supercharger was just resting in the pipe not even attached. after it was all put back together i could not resist taking it out to see whats its like.

first i noticed the stupid whooshing noise had gone and then the turbo came in and it was just wheel spinning all the way up the road ok the road was wet but an automatic doing this was very scary and it felt uncontrollable just could not put the power down.

so to all you guys smidge ed baz sumo etc i can not thank you all enough for all your advice you lot have helped me and made me 1 happy guy and this ones a keeper p.s can't imagine how fast your cars are. thanks john

my other car 1976 toyota corolla sr coupe v6 supercharged

car102.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg
[/IMG]

just a couple of pic's of my other beast should also be on the road this summer guys..

thats a farking cool car mate!

its the best feeling when you get the gremlins out of the thing eh, i remember the first time i saw over 5psi on the supercharger.. awesome!!

That is so nice!! I love 70's toyotas, wanted a '72 gt celica for ages. You've kept the body work in great condition.

What engine did you put in it?

a mates got a early mark 2 corona with a little bit of panel damage for sale dirt cheap

a mates got a early mark 2 corona with a little bit of panel damage for sale dirt cheap

Mark II also had a great body shape, if I were your mate I'd restore it. Did it have the M engine (2.0 inline 6)? They're a nice engine if you look after em, very old now though.

YES!!!!

get in there!!

so happy...was worrying when things went quiet...over the moon ( we win, they loose)

corker toyota...please tell me youve got a wizards kit on it???

hi guys glad you like my car had it since i was 17 im 29 now and just finished restoring it its running a ford 2.8 v6 bored out a little with loads of upgrades etc and a wade ro34 blower on top with 4 barrel holley but no nos .
i'll be honste and tell you ive never driven it yet its been a long time it the making but it sounds wild so looking forward to getting both cars out this summer now.

I was going to start a new tread but should be ok hear .. does any 1 now what timing belts fits the st is it a figaro? also heard maybe gtti? and do you need the replace the belt tensioner?
i want to replace it cause hearing about that other guy who's snapped i would be absolutely gutted if this happened to me after Ive just sorted it out.

Well congrats on your long term project, it looks absolutely awesome!! Hehe two very nice cars for you to play around with now :)

Timing belt is same as an MA10. Ed matched it to the charade gtti but as far as I know noone has tried it out yet. I was going to but got a MA10 one so didnt bother. I replaced the tensioner.

nice 1 mate i'll go with the ma10 one then you have done it and yours is fine. i have found a total figaro kit on ebay for £30 odd do you think that would be ok? one more question is there anything you think i should know when tackling the cam belt. as you have changed 1 just like to ask ... cheers snikty

Fig kit should be fine!

I don't do the work on my ST so I'm not much use with advice on things like 'how to'. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction though.

Alot in the haynes manual that is relevant to st one being a cam belt change
Corolla sounds mental would love to get a spin in that

would like to go to ireland so who knows mate could pop in and see ya ha ha cheers for the info on haynes manual that will really help i'll get 1 off ebay.
i'll try and post a video up of the corolla running if people want me to? cause after all it an st forum and don't want to fark people off.

hey thats good news the ma10 stuff is the same, i've already got a genuine spare nissan timing belt but would like to do the tensioners, front and rear main seals as well

would love to know where to get them if anyones got any reccomendations

Imo you should buy a gtti one and match it with the original you have smidge (i was going to but costs had added up enough). I get mine back this week and my mechanic used laser tensioners, so i will find out which ones for ya. If all that works out right it means we can do em with local bits.

ah sounds good mate i'll wait to hear from you then ..i'll still get a manual just to help me with the process of fitting it.

man that would be tops, timing belt is on the list for the next few months, i'm hoping i can order ma10s front and rear seals from aftermarket suppliers in the UK

would like to go to ireland so who knows mate could pop in and see ya ha ha cheers for the info on haynes manual that will really help i'll get 1 off ebay.
i'll try and post a video up of the corolla running if people want me to? cause after all it an st forum and don't want to fark people off.

Oh the ireland thing is my signature,I was'nt asking you to drop in:laugh:

Yeah would like to see a vid of the corrolla pm me the link as I wont see it on here

I see there in Introduction goin to watch it now!!!

Back