workshop manual

cisco

» CMF Member
Search for the Haynes manual. You can pick them up all the time on Ebay aswell. Only about $40-50 new I think.

It does have lots of torque settings. Not sure if it goes down to every last nut and bolt, but I'm sure has the main ones.

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
Thanks for that. I am only new into micras but I already a huge fan. Im currenty putting in a second hand motor as my bearings have shot themselves in the current car. This is my first time with working on front wheel drive cars and my first attempt at replacing an engine. Any tips and info would be great. With the motor that I am putting in has a plastic rocker cover on, any different from the aluminium version. I have some mechanical abilities but clueless on micras. But hey thats what happens when you fall in love. Thanks again, Mrh

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
The ones with plastic rocker covers are from Japan.

There are some pictures here that I took when I pulled my engine out, it might help you a little.

Basically label all the pipes, the plugs are pretty obvious. Remove everything that gets in the way and take it out!. I took mine out the top but the best way is out the bottom apparently.

Haynes manual is a very good investment :-]

http://www.zen78692.zen.co.uk/micra/CG13DE Engine/_/

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
Thanks heaps, I am in the process now so only luck can save me. The photos came in handy but I will be in source for a new manual tomorrow. Thanks again Mrh

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
hey there to anyone who could help, I have ordered a new workshop manual today so should have it in a few days. As I am new to front wheel drives I was wondering is there any trick to pulling out the driveshafts? ie; a special tool. I have taken the disks off etc and now waiting for the shafts to come out. Yeah I know the manual will come in handy but as I dont have it yet I am a little stuck. Once again thanks for any info. MrH

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
I needed to take the shafts out of both ends. Wasn't too sure on how to do it because I have never dealt with such a task before. I tried brute force but almost pulled the car of the stands. With a little breather which gave me time to regain my strength I also had time to think. I was wondering that there has to be some easier way to get this off. So i started thinking and then I decided to twist the shafts as I pull. Well low and behold, I almost crowned myself in the face, Then i applied this same technique to other side with the same result. So now the motor is out of the car with a little help from you guys on here and the mighty micra should be back on the road by the weekend. I would do it sooner but I have work commitments until then. So thanks again. Mrh

Back