Wondering if anyone can help me?

I have a Nissan Micra k11 1.3 SLX 5 door R/97 Reg. Unfortunately, during the snow fall a few weeks ago, someone smashed into my car while it was parked up. The damage was mainly to the front passenger wing. I'm looking for a replacement used panel and think I may have found one. Only problem is that it's from a 3 door version of my car. Will it fit? If not, where is the best place to get a replacement panel? I've been looking for ages with no luck!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Rachael

Hey Rachael, am 99% sure that it should fit - but I would wait for confirmation from a few other guys before I bough the part. The best place to look is local scrap yards
:p

It'd be 99 percent sure, however have you already purchased this?

Not yet. Wanted to make sure. Also in reply to scouse_boy...I have been looking in scrap yards and registered to many online breakers but I'm really fussy and trying to find a white panel so as to save cost and not having to get it painted. Lol!

Thanks for your help!

I did similar damge to the drivers side a while back and found a white panel 2 days later. In total to repair, it cos £75 (vat included!) but if I have to have it painted, I'm looking at double that.

As it wasn't my fault, it's her insurance company paying to sort it out. But they have said the damage has made it a class D write off. So i intend on getting the pay out and then buying the car back to repair it myself. My car is in such good condition, it'd be a waste to scrap it. For that one panel they have quoted £800 to £900 to sort. Total rip off if you ask me!

Bournemouth... hmmm, quite far.

Bridges is your best bet, but thats in crawely, i'm off work next thursday, and i can look what colour is it? and how much can you spend?

"As it wasn't my fault, it's her insurance company paying to sort it out. But they have said the damage has made it a class D write off. So i intend on getting the pay out and then buying the car back to repair it myself. My car is in such good condition, it'd be a waste to scrap it. For that one panel they have quoted £800 to £900 to sort. Total rip off if you ask me!"

wise lady! I would do the same thing. I cant believe how much they would charge, what a rip off!!! good luck with your find anyway :)

Bournemouth... hmmm, quite far.

Bridges is your best bet, but thats in crawely, i'm off work next thursday, and i can look what colour is it? and how much can you spend?

White. I payed £25 for the panel last time but thats cos i collected it from the scrappy myself. For the panel alone i'd say no more then £50. Does that sound reasonable?

Well yes, pretty reasonable. Can you wait as long as thursday? i'm just trying to think what to do to make sure you still want it when i go... well, it's up to you. what year is your micra :)

I'll no doubt still be looking by then as I'm not having much luck. Unless the one i found this morning is still available. Just waiting on a call back. Will post if i find one! It's a R reg/97 model.

Thanks for your comment James. Do you think a panel from a 3 door would fit on my 5 door?

Could you not just get any colour then get the correct colour spray and paint it yourself?

My Driverside Wing is sprayed from a can and you can't tell. Just took my time when doing it.

Could you not just get any colour then get the correct colour spray and paint it yourself?

My Driverside Wing is sprayed from a can and you can't tell. Just took my time when doing it.

I would, but I'm trying to do it as simple as possible! Never held a spray can in my life! Lol.

I can have a look around for you at some point next week if you haven't found one already. Could meet half way in dorchester or something if I found one.

Thinking about it though, I've got no money to actually buy one in the first place :(

Is your car a facelift or a pre facelift, because that makes all the difference (i think). Although you've said it's 97 so I'm guessing it's a pre facelift.

pre facelift goes upto 97 i think and then after is a facelift model. they are two different models of the micra. mine is a 99. you can tell the difference because the facelift has the grills and the bonnet together whereas the older prefacelift had grill and bonnet seperate.

Thank you soooooo much! I have just bought it as it is the right one for my car apparently! Absolutely chuffed to bits! Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

pre facelift goes upto 97 i think and then after is a facelift model. they are two different models of the micra. mine is a 99. you can tell the difference because the facelift has the grills and the bonnet together whereas the older prefacelift had grill and bonnet seperate.

Sorry to be picky but it changed in 98, I know because mine is a pre-facelift 98.

Good old Nissan Auto Parts, I've bought from him before, great service and decent prices! Glad you got it all sorted, now just to respray it ;)

James.

Just a final post to say the panel arrived yesterday but was noone in to recieve it so collected today. Very happy and spot on with what i need! Thanks again for all your help.

Back