Won\'t rev past 3K

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
I was having problems with my cars idle so after searching the forum I found the tutorial on the dry solder joints. I re soldered the joints in the throttle body and put it all back together, the idle still doesn't seem great but might be better but the biggest problem now is it won't rev past 3K! I've had a look to see if everything was put back properly and it seems to be. The only thing is there is a small hose that doesn't seem to be connected anywhere (I've attached a picture) Does this go anywhere and if so could this be my problem?? Thanks guys

Attachments

• 80590.jpg
    80590.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 29

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
Double check all ur solderings not missing or shorted. I once missed soldering one of the terminals properly, ecu couldn't read the maf so went into limp mode n limited rev to 3k

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Cable seems fine, It just starts sputtering at around 3k like it's not getting something ie. fuel, air. I'm thinking it might be that loose hose in the picture, does it look like that in your engine bay?

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
asdame WROTE:

"Double check all ur solderings not missing or shorted. I once missed soldering one of the terminals properly, ecu couldn't read the maf so went into limp mode n limited rev to 3k

Yeah that could be it, limp mode. I'll take it apart tomorrow and re do the solders again.

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Checked the solders and all is fine but car is still in limp mode! how do I fix this? can I reset the ECU somehow or is it best to take car to Nissan or mechanic?

CMF_cowboydave

» CMF Member
Thanks Frank I tried it and no luck, I also unplugged ECU and then tried again and still in limp mode! I don't have any way of checking fault codes at the moment, it's booked in to auto electrician for another issue next week hopefully they can find this problem too. So frustrating.

Back