Wobbly bolts.

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Over the past week I've been doing my best at restoring a set of alloy wheels off a 30 year old Nissan 280zx. I was planning on selling them but now decided I want to try and put them on my k12. They are 4 stud but PCD is 115 and the micra is 100...so was wondering if there are any wobbly bolt/corrective bolt type things I could use or some other method to get them to fit?? :confused: Or will it never work? :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drill new holes in the wheels...? (J/K)

Erm, i'm pretty sure you can't, if they don't fit they don't fit.
Wobbly bolts sounds not so good for holding a wheel on!

you wont get away with wobbly nuts as the differance it too big, to be able to use wobbly bolts/nuts the studs need to at least go through the wheels but they wont even if you opened the holes out,

option 1 use the hubs off the car the wheels are off (not really an option i know)
option 2, buy or get made a set of hub adapters, probably the best way but will cost alot, and as there will be a lump of metal between the wheel and hub it will totally mess the offset up.
option 3 sell them on.

Wobble bolts can only be used to take up about 1.5mm per stud, so you would not gain enough to use the 4x4 1/2" (114.5mm) Wheels.

They could be used to make 4x4" wheels fit 4x100, or even 4x98 fit.

They MUST be used with good center location, because the wobble nuts/bolts do not offer any centering. This is because the tapered washer is free to "float". So you would need to get steel spigot rings turned to fit wheels with a larger center bore, or get wheels machined out to fit the centers.

14twelve.gif

Like others have said your options are:

Wheels Re-drilled
Hubs Re-drilled
Fit hubs from other vehical
Adaptors - Bare in mind that these will be around 20mm thick so may cause offset problems.

I love odd/unusual wheels on different cars, its the reason I designed the EasyPCDs.

Lets see some pics of the wheels up against yer micra, it might be the best thing ever and absolutely compulsary that you do one of the methods above to get em on!

yea but k11s have bolts coming out of the hub and not a thread into the hub so wobbly's wont work anyhows im not sure gow the k12s wheels bolt on though

the k12 wheels dont fit as eltaylor found out as she went from a k11 to a k12 and wanted to take her alloys with her and they didnt fit

Back