will this fit?

thought so i was just making sure thinking about getting one they sound well good, also you can get the leather gaitor to fit and look mint

How do these differ from just cutting and shutting the original lever?

I have seen this mentioned before, has this lever got a different pivot point compared to the original? I'm guessing so.

Are they really necessary? The K11 box is quite tight anyway and the stick couldn't be in a better position, just seems like wasted money really

How do these differ from just cutting and shutting the original lever?

I have seen this mentioned before, has this lever got a different pivot point compared to the original? I'm guessing so.
They differ cause they are one piece so there are no welds to fail. Also they are shiney :p

Are they really necessary? The K11 box is quite tight anyway and the stick couldn't be in a better position, just seems like wasted money really
Try one with a short shifter mate, then go back to standard, it feels like you're stirring stew! I used to have difficulty getting into 4th sometimes, now there is no problems, and i can change gear much quicker!

try doing you own its way cheeper.

dont hack some off the top then bung a knob on top as it becomes hard to select a gear as there is less leverage.

welds will not snap if there half decent and you dont ridiculously slaam it into gear!!! and to ensure strength sleeve over the top of the weld.

short shifters reduce leverage full stop, home made or bought.

Homemade ones will work fine but how many people have access to a decent mig welder to do it with? Plus I prefer not to work on parts that are needed for the car just incase i need to use it part way through.

And you will not have to ridiculously slam it into gear to snap it, as the leverage will be a lot greater after it is shortened.

modded.....:sleepy: i know how it works, i was just saying dont lob some of the top because it becomes stifer and more work to select a gear

who knows what people have laying around??? if they have the welder then exelent easy job, if not am shure you can find someone who does and can weld, its going to be a lot cheeper to get the same result??

At least if you buy the real thing you can put it back to standard if you have to. I'm gunna add some to the top of my stick for more leverage lol

modded.....:sleepy: i know how it works, i was just saying dont lob some of the top because it becomes stifer and more work to select a gear

Yer but lobbing some of the top is part of what makes a short shifter o_O And i know it will become more work, that is a biproduct of a shorter throw!

yes it is shorter on the top and longer below the pivot.
got a pic somewhere....

ShortShifter.jpg

they are one piece so there are no welds to fail.

on the cheaper ones theres one weld at the bottem...altough chances are it breaking are non.

the micras do benifit from these, 60% quicker gear throws iirc, they feel so much better than standard and you dont feel like your putting the car in reverse when you go for second :D

if you have ever drove a micra with and without the diffrance makes a big diffrance :)

heres a pic of mine to show the diffrance..
P4280191.jpg

Back