White guages

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
I'm keen on some white faced with red lettering to be backlit by white leds for super s gauges, but i guess that means someone will need to pull apart their cluster and scan it in, which could prove difficult with the little bits that hold up the tacho and spedo > getting the dails flat on the scanner. but hoping your source has a better idea :D

Alex

mik

» CMF Member
I'm from Germany, and i know guys who have those on their Micras. And guess what? They're printed on normal or if you're lucky on thicker paper.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
G'day everyone have been out of touch for a little while sorry, Please do not buy these white dials as i have already been scamed. The qualty is total crap. Feedback % looks ok till you read comments. When i recevied mine i opened them and then chucked them in the bin. Total cost is something like $23-28 Australian i think, would not cost more than $1 to make VERY DISSAPOINTING...

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Alex - the ONLY way we can change them is to pull the facias off the cluster. The little needles simply pull off, I've done it before on a pulsar (they dont change the way they work too often :p)

I have found a fellow in brisbane who only needs a 1200dpi (whatever that means :p) scan of the existing guage backings to make some new ones.

He prints them on a special plastic sheet thing - and they are really good quality. I've seen them first hand and they look awesome.

I'll keep you informed about it.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Thanks for the headsup on the german source. I can scan em at 1200dpi (will be a huge ass file though),but im' not keen on doing myself though, as i've never pulled one apart. has anyone got cluster disassembly and just as importantly reassembly skills here? anything too look out for, to do / not to do?

Thanks,

Alex

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Well, if the pulsar cluster is anything to go by, you just carefully pull the needles over the little stopper things, and they go downa little bit more and stop, and you then mark on the cluster housing where the needle overhangs. Then you get a lever, like a really wide fork thing with 2 prongs and lever the needle off.

Then you simply unscrew the facia thing off (matty painted his, ask him how to to take that off on the micras) and then the original plastic guage pieces should just unclip or unscrew off.

Thats for a pulsar though so i cant be certain it works for a micra.

If you have some dodgey guages, like i know that the micra guages tend to get sticky over time and need re-greasing, take it to an auto electrician and get them regreased and while he does that, get a scan of the original guage backing things.

I'm still researching it though, I might experiment with an LX cluster without tacho.

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
it actually has half dozen of colors, orange, purple, jeans blue, hello kitty and so on :p there is like 25 different cluster for march, all with different color designation.

Back