Where to buy a clutch...

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
do you guys buy them locally (UK) ? or have to look to japland to get a clutch, even just something similar

do our clutches match any other model of car or no?

Early model K11 1.0 is the same I believe. Pre 92 or something like that, someone will confirm I'm sure.

Early model K11 1.0 is the same I believe. Pre 92 or something like that, someone will confirm I'm sure.

thats correct for the normal k10, but not too sure about the st

early 1 litre k11 (pre 98 iirc) will fit all k10's (normal models)

K11 1.3 friction plate will fit but the spring cover is too weak (and different) you will most likely need to get that from nissan.

is that what you've done in your ST's Ed? Glad to hear the 1.3 friction plates fit as its a part i can actually get in Aus easily enough

K11 friction plate takes about 180bhp/180lb/ft fine, as long as you don't cook it. Nismo cover works best. I found at about 200bhp/lbft it began to slip with the Nismo cover.

I use OEM quality K11 friction plates. They actually are imo of better quality than the Nismo one. In fact the nismo one I had nearly fell apart with only 150bhp.

k11 bits matching ST bits makes me a very happy person... so if its about that, then its all good :D

but yeah i see ya point

only after a whole thread do i figure out a clutch cover and pressure plate are the same thing

does anyone ever re use their pressure plate?

Yes I have used my Nismo one several times. Its not good practice but they are not made any more.

Ed

fair enough, just good to know that worst case if my clutch dies and its the disc inself thats screwed i can put a K11 one in, use my original pressure plate (if its not rooted) and get another x amount of K's out of it

Back