Where can I find...

Stick your head under the bonnet and get someone to hit the horn. I've had so many cars I can't remember, either in the front grille or behind the front bumper.

Cheers guys. Should have thought of this first but I went to my local mechanics' place down the road and his boss has a 1.2 K10 so I just asked him to look at that one, and yes, it's behind the drivers side headlight. Not sure if there's 2 or not, andy, but doesn't really matter, I'm just putting an air horn in. :)

Only annoyance is that the bottom screw on the headlight is completely rusted and there's no chance of getting it out, so I'm not sure what I can do to get it off. Break it? :s

Cheers!

some k10's have 2 horn's, some only have 1. for some reason Nissan put one under each headlight for the twin horns rather than together.

not sure on the screw on headlight, other way to get to horn is to remove the bumper but easier to remove headlight

Yeah figured it'd have to be that. Will have to find a suitable push-to-make switch somewhere around and hard-wire it into that button on my dash.. Could use a throw switch but PTM would be better. :)

Hmm, both of those look rather tempting. :p The gear knob button... May be a little pretentious for an air horn so I'll probably just stick with looking for a PTM. That does look like a pretty sturdy one, I could 'rob' one from my electronics class but I don't think the ones that they have will stand the batteries' current. Will go looking for one in a short while... If no luck then maplin it is. :)

Cheers lads!

It came with a relay, found a wiring diagram on the 'net. Will use that, but I still need a switch first. Will standard speaker wire cope? If not will need to buy some thicker wire.

Cheers :)

Back