whats this worth?

B

Baker

Sometime soon i might be selling my 1991 k10. Its a 3 door ls 1l. Its got super s skirts, spoiler, 13inch alloys, stealth shelf, inside theres 10"s in the doors varies parts have been painted red tp match car, kenwood headunit (tape) which can be hooked up to a cd or md changer, carbon look gear knob, 85k on clock, bodywork in good cond, has had rear left jacking point re done, 12 months mot (when it goes in just before I sell), 6 months tax

any ideas????

aslong as bodywork is in good condition engine is working well not blowing any etc. then a good £300
after all iut is the basica model.
but if looked after then is a good buy.

Thing is it depends who you are and who your selling it to. The MSC is not a place where you would get a high price. However if it is a really nice example low milage, (which most are not) Private sale in a local paper around here for example could see as much as £500, with a long MOT and Tax

Ed said:
Thing is it depends who you are and who your selling it to. The MSC is not a place where you would get a high price. However if it is a really nice example low milage, (which most are not) Private sale in a local paper around here for example could see as much as £500, with a long MOT and Tax

Actually thats very true. I see K10's in my local paper or friday ad going for around 500 to 700! I feel you could get even more if your spoiler and bumpers were colour coded, but then again, you could spend all that money having it done and still see no extra in return.

Why sell it tho! that looks pretty good from the picture, and they're very reliable / cheap etc to run

yeah nice car, its my first car too, im just getting too many problems with it, i fix one thing & something else goes wrong, also i aint exactly got the best paid job. thanks

this is the prob at the min, the bloody wheel arch. Its my first car & I would rather see it rot in a garage than in a breakers yard & be stripped of its parts over time. Around where I live there are e reded micras & from what I can see there in mint cond. thanks

Mine looks like that at the moment (hole's alot bigger tho!) Any welder should be able to fix it. It got through its mot fine and doesnt effect the running of the car in any way.. Also, how can you tell all other cars are mint cond? people at JAE would have seen mine - yet they wouldnt have seen the hole as the wheel's in the way! many other K10's look fine on the surface but have body problems underneath.

sorted it, ive bodged the hole up with some fibreglass bodge, smoothed it off & undersealed it.

na im still driving it, just bought an m reg astra 1.4i hi-torg off my mate @ 200, included 17's, multi lock, tinted elec windows, dtm exhaust, sri seats, x-plod sound system, pipecross filter just because it was 2 weeks out of tax & a week out on mot, has 12 months mot now 7 saving for tax & insurance. Getting back to the micra going to test but not put anymore tax on it, it'll probably have about 2 months tax on it when I sell it (taxed till end of oct o5) 7 im putting a set of SPL 6x9's in the back, going to ask around £300 for it.

Back