what to use!

richarda

Ex. Club Member
my new rear lights arrived today but before i remove my old ones what would i need to re seal the lights back in? never taken them out before so i dunno what i would need to make it water proof again

any links or local places where would sell it would be great

thanks

richard

I used silicone, water tight seal everytime

its available at near enough DIY store

When Ems had her clear lights fitted, there was more than enough sealant still stuck to the car. We just reused what was left and everythings fine so far!

When Ems had her clear lights fitted, there was more than enough sealant still stuck to the car. We just reused what was left and everythings fine so far!
I did the same when fitting my rear LED lights and there was plenty, although I did take some from the old lights and reapply it :)

yep, i used the old sealent when i fitted my clear rear lights aswell.

no you didn't, for one, i fitted em and i used propper nissan sealer that i had "aquired" from when i worked at nissan, it comes on a roll and you get one roll with each genuine nissan tail light, not sure if it's available seperately though.

to get the old ones off, just prise it off carefully with a big flat blade screw driver.

lights are a nightmare! no luck in them budging so gonna try the hair dryer idea that some1 suggested lol

the hair dryer idea is a god!! made life so much easier getting the lights out! all done and fitted now :D

Back