What to Buy??

CMF_Dark Side

» CMF Member
Okay guys I am going to buy an ipod. Which is the best one. I have millions of CDs and I want to sort through them and store my favourite stuff on the ipod.You know like The Beatles, Carpenters, AC/DC, Eagles, Beach Boys, Bee Gees, Guns n Roses, Eagles.All the good stuff.
Vietnam a very noisy place so when walking around I do not want to hear/see the motorbike that knocks me over.
I have never ever listened to music from the above but is it true the quality suffers a bit or is it that small you do not notice?
Some words of advice please.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
i looked at these at christmas.... the best u can get is the 30gb one it holds heaps and heaps.. the only thing is it is physically quite large when u compare it to the ipod nanos.... i would go an 8 gb ipod nano. its small and holds a whole heap of music... but if u dont care what size then go the big 30gb one its only a lil bit dearer from memory

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
i looked at these at christmas.... the best u can get is the 30gb one it holds heaps and heaps.. the only thing is it is physically quite large when u compare it to the ipod nanos.... i would go an 8 gb ipod nano. its small and holds a whole heap of music... but if u dont care what size then go the big 30gb one its only a lil bit dearer from memory

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
Factor in the price of a decent pair of earbuds/headphones as well.

If you prefer headphones and travelling around, there are fold up ones.

CMF_Gary Fintelman

» CMF Member
As much as it pains me to say it, i do recommend jumping on the band wagon and buying the biggest consumer electronics hit since, well, forever. But dont be fooled, the ipod is still a consumer good, it is built cheap, and wont last many years. {hint hint buy an extended warrenty, its worth the $80}

the plus side is EVERYTHING is compatible with them, and they are simple and do their job very well. sound quality is good enough too, for 99% of people.. but dont even bother with the supplied ear buds.

work out how much music you want to store to decide either 8gb, 30gb, or 80gb, typicaly 100mb per cd, or:
8gb = 1600 songs = $370
30gb = 6000 songs = $440
80gb = 16000 songs = $515 inc extended warrenty, unless you want to buy a new one every 12 months :p

or, just go by how much cash you have...

decent headphones are a must, either soft ear plug type that go into your ear canal, or closed ones that cover your whole ear.. but thats just a personal preference, and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

itunes is the bit that seals the deal.. just make sure to set it up right, ripping your cds to high bit rate, and copying all your music to a folder of your choice, and keeping it organized for you.

enjoy

smidge

» CMF Member
i've had mine since early 2003 with no issues whatsoever

get about half the battery life i used to, but its often in the pioneer adaptor in the car anyway

CMF_Gary Fintelman

» CMF Member
yeah, for some reason *some* of the old ones are still going strong today, while half are long dead. apple say they are improving, but i know a few people who have had their video ipod simply die (not dropped or anything like that)

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
ive had mine for 3 years now (oldschool ipod photo 30gb) and its still going strong

however my girlfriends newer (current generation) one she has issues with it..needs to be reset a fair bit

i havent reset mine in i cant remember how long

battery life isnt a concern as it sits in the car all the time and is constantly full

belkin auto-kit rocks!

Back