what tinting kits

Hey I just tryed to do the rear windows on mine with a kit i bought off ebay however it didnt go to plan used nearly the whole roll and every time it looked rubbish I watched a video on it a min ago and their film looked allot thicker that what i had and they could apply heat to get the nasty creases out. so i wondered what kits others have used and if anyone could give me some good advice on doing it

i think they,re all pretty much the same to apply mike, i guess you fitted it wet ? the rear 1/4,s are straight forward, but the t/gate glass is a compound curve tho eh !

Seems everyone who has done it themselves has been dumbfounded by the rear window!

The rear side windows are piece of cake though

I had mine pro Done, the film is really think and they put it on wet then used a heat gun and squeegie to push out bubbles, and it looks perfect :)

now I feel silly i only wanted my rear quaters done :/ it just kept coming out with bubbles and creases and stuff and didnt like it so yeah. i was putting it on wet with soapy water from a spray bottle and pushed it out :/

hmm okay so what just lay it overwith wet soapy water covering the film and window then push out all the bubbles from the center? and then if it looks okay heat it so it sticks ??

Just because what youve said here, same happened to me and i never peeled mine

now I feel silly i only wanted my rear quaters done :/ it just kept coming out with bubbles and creases and stuff and didnt like it so yeah. i was putting it on wet with soapy water from a spray bottle and pushed it out :/

yeah basically put it on like you said push the bubbles out from the centre like as many as you can, then when you cant get any more out start adding heat while pushing out the bubbles that are left...

never got around to doing it defintly going to get around to it this weekend but i had so many different jobs to get done :/

Back