wats the difference

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
not a direct fit.... and no afm..need an adapter and additional afm. you mean ga15 throttle body... micra tb diameter is about 43mm ga15 is about 50mm sr20 is about 60mm.... make sure you have larger injectors to cope with the increase in air and you may need a fuel mapping 'piggy back' ecu to be sure your fuel/air ratio is ok.

fred WROTE:

"not a direct fit.... and no afm..need an adapter and additional afm. you mean ga15 throttle body... micra tb diameter is about 43mm ga15 is about 50mm sr20 is about 60mm.... make sure you have larger injectors to cope with the increase in air and you may need a fuel mapping 'piggy back' ecu to be sure your fuel/air ratio is ok.

yeh injectors will prob help but not neccessary just for upgrading to the ga15 throttle body. stock ecu will run that and ga15 injectors fine :p, it'll run a tad rich, so their's one or two kw to be had from an safc

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
but if one is planning a 4-2-1 exhaust it will definitely run lean with a ga15 tb...... I ran lean with a ga15 tb with standard exhaust.... although it was in the "drive it like its hot" rpm range.......

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"mine or gtrholics or mickeybbb's didn't run lean. even with the tomei/nismo cams mine runs spot on :p.. with full exhaust, cai, and extractors

Mine ran lean with the intake and exhaust, but every setup is different.. and every AFR gauge is different to ;)

sportsclassic WROTE:

"turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:<BR><BR>"mine or gtrholics or mickeybbb's didn't run lean. even with the tomei/nismo cams mine runs spot on :p.. with full exhaust, cai, and extractors"</DIV><BR><BR>Mine ran lean with the intake and exhaust, but every setup is different.. and every AFR gauge is different to ;)

very true. must be something i do :D, they run spot on without any ****in around lol. i've got 2 different dyno readouts with almost identical afr's to my own wideband, as i was a little sceptical at one stage as to what mine was telling me. both me and chris have had our injectors cleaned recently.. so that might have an effect too? specially if fred hasn't had his cleaned?

fred WROTE:

"i run a injector cleaner every 5000k or so...

true. i run none at all :D, we have em "electronically cleaned" apparently lol, nah its alright, atleast we can see that they're all flowing the same/ they get measured/ new seals lubed up etc. i think its about $120 for 4 injectors, but only do it probly every 20+ thousand depending on what sorta application. while we're on the subject of fuels,... a while ago i had optimax tested with 3 different additives, the nulon pro stuff, "nos", and forget the name of the last one. had em tested by an independant company for the ron rating (additive + fuel), the only thing worth mentioning was the nulon stuff (bout $20 a bottle.. least it was) added .8 of a ron lol. hardly worth the effort for a daily(especially since all 3 brands reckon they'll add atleast 3-4ron). haven't used much of the injector cleaners thou.. some of em a prolly aight, but imo, anything that claims its gonna do heaps of great **** for your car and cost $8 is probably gonna do sfa. just run it on some c16 :p

fred WROTE:

"I thought you'd be doing some whizz bang stuff... can any injector place do that?

yeh, forget the name, they do it mobile, rock up in a van and have all the gear on board. you can pull your injectors out, or they can do everything for you. (obviously more $$$'s if they gotta pull em out and put em back in again...)

Back