Waterless coolant.

doing a coolant drain soon and wondered if these are worth the extra cost? Anyone use these products can recommend a good one?

I have read good reviews, longer lasting, better temp parameters, but anyone with actual experience in a K11 1.0 2002?

Thanks guys and girls.

There are some real benefits, but I cant decide on it. There is no thermal expansion as it heats, so it will never over pressure or burst anything. But you must get all the water out before you fill it, that's the bit that I'm never quite sure on how to do.

And if something ever does go wrong away from home, you can get water anywhere.

Yes. This was also one of my concerns. About totally getting the water based stuff out. Im going to be putting the car in for servicing pretty soon so maybe wait till then.

I've read it's supposed to be lifetime guarantee so doesn't evaporate. So unless u get a crack I don't see why you'd need to top up. Unless I'm missing something.

Im still undecided maybe ill wait until I speak to the garage. If its going to be mega expensive then I'll stick to nissan coolant. Mentioned above. Either way it needs a flush and completely new coolant.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

This guy has done about 6 videos on why evans doesn't work and why he thinks it's a scam, to my mind if you are getting to that high a temperature that your coolant boils there's something wrong with your cooling system, fix that not the water in your cooling system.

to my mind if you are getting to that high a temperature that your coolant boils there's something wrong with your cooling system, fix that not the water in your cooling system.
Really depends on the car, on a normal road then I'd agree. On a car you've tuned way beyond the manufacturers spec, then you watch for melting pistons, or too much boost. The cost of things going wrong start to be significant, and if it does stop it going pop then it's just one less thing to worry about.

Really depends on the car, on a normal road then I'd agree. On a car you've tuned way beyond the manufacturers spec, then you watch for melting pistons, or too much boost. The cost of things going wrong start to be significant, and if it does stop it going pop then it's just one less thing to worry about.
It stops steam coming out your radiator, it doesn't stop it going pop, the engine is still running hot, if you consider steam out your bonnet as a warning to stop evans means you're ignoring that warning.
It's your car not mine so use what you like.

This guy has done about 6 videos on why evans doesn't work and why he thinks it's a scam, to my mind if you are getting to that high a temperature that your coolant boils there's something wrong with your cooling system, fix that not the water in your cooling system.

No issues at all with temperature. It's just something I have seen and as I was doing a coolant change was wondering if it is worth the extra.

Cheers for reply.

It stops steam coming out your radiator, it doesn't stop it going pop, the engine is still running hot, if you consider steam out your bonnet as a warning to stop evans means you're ignoring that warning.
I have gauges for temperature, I dont need things going pop or boiling over to tell me that.
Coolant gauges are flawed in most cars as it wont show that hot if the coolant has all drained or leaked away.

I'm not saying I'd use it, but think waiting until your radiator goes pop is a ls a bit of a flawed logic and I have split a radiator right along the top due to too much pressure

Back