CMF_gtijohnny

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"wow.. hornsby! thats sick i live in pymble... finaly some1 close haha

Pymble that is close

don't have a micra yet
Interested in Yom's car but he has someone interested
so will keep looking
by the way tris where do you take your car for servicing?

CMF_gtijohnny

» CMF Member
Campbell WROTE:

"Gday mate I live in Pymble as well. Me n tris are the only two micra.com.au members on the north shore line I think so when you get one we should go on a cruise :)

what a great idea
go up the old pacific highway to Brooklyn for lunch
take care

at 8000rpm no-one can hear you scream

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
um... well up untill now ive got my car serviced at nissan waitara... cos my dad pays for it but ive got a mate who works/used to work at quickfit motorsports down in the asquith industrial area.. king road i think it is n so ill be taking it there to get exhaust + extractors done n stuff...

PS yeh **** yeh get yom's one!!!would be nice to see a super s round near me (although itl make me jealous)!! it looks soo nice. got my springs and extractors off it too!! haha

CMF_gtijohnny

» CMF Member
Hey Tris
before you get your exhaust done at Quikfit
talk to my mate Gary at Northshore performance mufflers ,I'll make sure he gives you a good deal
the only thing that worries me about Yom's care is the number of kilometres on it, how sturdy are the engines?

At 8000RPM no-one can hear you scream

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
gtijohnny WROTE:

"Hey Tris

before you get your exhaust done at Quikfit

talk to my mate Gary at Northshore performance mufflers ,I'll make sure he gives you a good deal

the only thing that worries me about Yom's care is the number of kilometres on it, how sturdy are the engines?

At 8000RPM no-one can hear you scream

who cares? a replacement motor is $500-800 from wreckers :p
But a well looked after motor like Yom's should be in healthy shape.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
well... people have done 300K plus in theirs and there still running fine!! but yeh replacements not too expensive anyway. i think theres even jap spec motors you can buy new??

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh my motor is quite healthy. Runs beautifully. :) Hehe.

No real differences between the Uk and Jap engines. I've read of the jap motors lasting longer as they have a higher carbon count in the metal (harder alloy) but havent seen anything to suggest this. But there are 2 different block designs. Open deck cooling jackets and closed deck jackets. Open deck is obviously better for cooling but the closed deck are stronger.

Wouldn't matter unless you were putting some serious horsies though.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
oh realy!! nice! mechanic wasnt Ian by any chance?? probably wouldnt remember ay

$350 for a whole 2" cat back w/ mufler and you can choose what sise tip aswell... i think thats pretty resonable ay

one other thing... how much difference did it make having extractors and exhaust?? did you increase the fuel pressure or change anything fuel wise??

thanks, tris

Attachments

• 30129.jpg
    30129.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 58

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Hehe, I ended up paying $220 for my catback 2" system back in jan.. that included resonator and muffler at the back. Press-bent system but there's very little point with going mandrel bent for this kinda setup.

C'mon, buy aaron's car!

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
resonator/centre muffler... just quietens down the whole thing and can prevent droning

im getting old and i prefer just a mild sporty burble as opposed to the 4cyl raspish thing alot of guys seem to like

CMF_gtijohnny

» CMF Member
littlebear WROTE:

"Hey gtijohnny there's a Super S at a car yard for under 4k in Sydney (Minchinbury). <BR><BR>Listed as an LX but definately a Super S!<BR><BR>Heres the URL:<BR><BR><A title=http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...mp;vehicleId=NIMPCARS70:163&amp;vehicleType=1 href="http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...mp;vehicleId=NIMPCARS70:163&amp;vehicleType=1" target=_blank>http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...mp;vehicleId=NIMPCARS70:163&amp;vehicleType=1</A>

Hi Littlebear
is the car still their?
I checked the link today and it does not show up any car in Michinbury

thank you

smidge

» CMF Member
good find! i've spend $1500 more than what you've paid on my LX so far... (thats everything, services, mags, tyres etc)

if that was around when i was shopping i woulda snapped it up for sure! good one

CMF_Bonkerz

» CMF Member
engine wise i cant do much at the moment cos of the p-plate laws, so gota wait till i get off my greens till i can put a turbo or sr20(? sorry just learning all this stuff off the forums ahaha). yeh got the guy at the dealer to drop the price from 4k to $3500 :D
just wanted to know how many micras and supers' are there in sydney?

Back