viking motorsport micra kitcar

A kit-car is an vehicle that is available in kit form, i.e. you buy a set of parts that you have to assemble yourself.
Usually many major mechanical parts such as the engine and transmission are taken from one or more donor vehicles.
Kits vary in completeness from as little as a book of plans to a complete set of all the components required.
The definition of a kit car is usually taken to mean that a number of examples are produced by a manufacturer for sale to the public.
A car built at home as a one-off to the designs of its builder is termed a Special.

No, the wider track ones were made by either NME or WMM and were specially-made for the job

Wide track Micra

I know Daniel King and his Dad, I sold them the car (mot failure) and a load of wide track rally parts 2 or 3 years ago. They have been building this car in their spare time. His Dad also has a very nice and quick space framed Mini. I don't think Daniel has been Rallying for very long and the last thing you would want to do is get too confident and have a close encounter with a straw bail. The straw bail wins every time, I've tried it. The car is really classed as a wide track Rally Micra, the same as the cars WMM, Geoff Jones and myself have built, the real kit cars were built by NME and there was only ever 2 built. It's good to see he has finished building it and has started to have some fun.

Back