Vibrations!

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Whilst enjoying my lovely drive to Birmingham this weekend, I was gettingthe car to speeds above 60mph, then I started to shake!
Not out of fear of the huge speeds I was doing......whooossh!

Well, I'm not really sure what it's from.

I have had a new tyre fitted, could it be that?
Had this problem on SLX which has a wheel bearing problem but it only happend on my 13's but not my 14's which came directly from another micra.
So is it the new tyres wheel balancing?

i have had this problem on my car, my car was pulling loads to the left so i went to a garage to have the balancing checked out, he said everything was fine, so he just reccomended that i swapped over the two front tyres, this stopped the pulling to the left and the car now only starts to vibrate at around 75ish, before the tyre swap it was vibrating at 50..

all you can try is get tracking and balacing checked if not may be swap tyres over see if that helps it, helped mine! :)

also if you have after market wheel and this happens you need to buy some spiggot rings. these are basically plastic rings that go over your centre caps and then when you put ur wheel on they centre everything. also jack the car up and wiggle the wheel to see if they are loose (sounds stoopid but it happens). get everything balanced and the tracking done. also on the old k11 the boot lids sometimes shake like crazy.

Defo not boot lid (but that does make some noise) MOT was done last month so tam assuming it's nothing serious.

How much should the balancing and tracking be?

Back