upgrading my 1.0L front brakes to nissan sunny calipers

TBH the only guide you need is a Haynes, the only difference between sunny brakes and micra brakes is that you need to put a washer in to balance the disk nicely.

silver_si said:
i did mention it.

yeah i no i sorry guys for a wastles thread but i think i just going on about it cos i cant get to scrappy yet and i keep wondering weather it matters or if there much difference in the different sunny calipers eg are 1.6 sunny calipers the best or are the lower size ones just as good?

i not sure yet as i not been to scrappy for a while and not sure wot sunny cars i will find lol i will defo go soon so i can stop daydreaming bout it and just get the money and do it lol.

just got so many things to do oh well. cheers guys

the calipers you need are from the sunny N14 1.4 or 1.6 ('90-'95) - they're the same. i think the almera N15 ('95-'99)uses the same calipers aswell, but you'd have to double check.
if you want serious stopping power go for the sunny/pulsar GTi-R or the almera GTi brakes, but these are more expensive and it's been mentioned about being "over kill".
another option is to get the N14 1.4/1.6 caplipers and buy performance discs and pads.
i went for the N14 1.4 calipers with standard discs and pads, and once i'd adjusted the rear brakes and thoroughly bled the brake fluid, they was more than impressive and a lot less brake fade.
hope this helps.
anyway, i'm tired now. ^^^^^ :sleepy:

oh ok mate cheers for info my mind more settled now lol

will let u no wot i go for in few weeks or so when i get to scrappie cant wait.

cheers Tom Ace

I love having 1.6 brakes on, feel more secure but gotta be careful in wet weather, I seem to lock more if brake hard but you learn to handle them, I only use standard pads and discs, wonder what performance ones are like!!

Main cause of locking up in the wet is tyres, I can stomp on mine in the wet without having to worry about locking up, previously when I had conti-ecountacts I thought twice about driving in the wet, they were lethal.

tyres are so important, you could put a standard k11 on a track and with the right tyre choice it would beat a k11 with coilover kit and the full whiteline allignment gear if it was on average tyres.

Back