Two simple mods.

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
I colour coded my bumper inserts, put them in today and they look quite tidy! They stand out abit in the pic becuase my cars almost brown thru needing a wash. I also removed those silly looking yellow indicator lenses they put in post 2000 facelifts.

If anyone is intrested in or thinks theres a point, i might try and write up a quick guide on how to remove those yellow things, dead easy tho.

removing those orange inserts makes a huge difference. good job there lad! anyone for a kong watch at burger king lol

I'm colour coding my bumpstrips etc at the moment on my pre-facelift k11 but i am having problems getting the primer to take to the surfaces. i have wet n dryed the pieces but still it doesnt want to be sprayed.
anyone got any ideas?

i've had problems getting primer to work if its too cold.. and if the can isn't properly shaken.

lol, wouldn't it be nice to have a great big garage with heat, light, power and water... oh and a pit or a lift.... or both!

my colour coding was a proper bodge job and the paint will probably start cracking in a week, if so ill jus get new inserts, so sorry i cant really advise :(

with enough laquer it will be fine... as long as the laquer has had time to cure (about 3 weeks)

hmmm laquer?? didnt think i needed that if using non-metallic nissan paint :glance: oops!

the paint had bubbled n all sorts anyway, when they go wrong ill just get some more :)

oooh yea you really do need laqure... on all painting except for odd things like high temp places (engine, calipers etc) even then alot of the paint will have a laquer or a hardener mixed in...

the bubbling is probably due to moisture, you get the same thing with fiberglass.
make sure the surface is dry, prime it thinly and allow to dry without getting it wet or too cold, then the same with the colour paint and then with the laquer...

it ain't easy and it took me a month to colour my dash!!! gave each coat a good day to dry just to make sure...

thickness of the coat is also very important because if the primer is too thick then even if it is dry and all the other coats went on ok it will still smudge if pushed or rubbed with sand paper...

all problems i've had lol and the best way to learn is with practice :D

Stuart said:
I'm colour coding my bumpstrips etc at the moment on my pre-facelift k11 but i am having problems getting the primer to take to the surfaces. i have wet n dryed the pieces but still it doesnt want to be sprayed.
anyone got any ideas?

make sure once u wet n dry you clean em wi meths or summat similar to get rid of grease n stuff also its rather cold to be painting atm
the paint will react wierdly done in cold weather

if you are a member you get access to the guides section and there is a guide in there :)

well im not a mamber :p in fact!! im gonna sort this out right now coz i wanna be a member but i dunno how so im gona get sum1 on msn so sort me out :)

as mentioned before there is a full guide for full members, however i can PM you how to do it, providing massive pms can be sent using the msc.

lol just remembered you cannot use the pm system either

only way i can send you how to do it is via email if you post ur addresses (not sure if this is against forum rules or anything tho...)

Back