Time for a new turbo K10

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
righty then time for another turbo k10 i think!,

since i got a few spares im going to try a very low boost setup,

i can get hold of a good turbo for a 2.2dci xtrial

basically i want as much information as everyone has so i can make this work 100% and not blow up hense the low boost

stuff i really need to know about is how the best way to fuel it is and how to route the vaccuum pipes so everything works

come on guys ive been after a project like this for ages and im sure with the right help the club will have a turbo ma12 in hardly anytime

anyone that had/ helped make this car or has got a turbo car please lend me as much information as you can please

Fordy, I can come and lend some muscle it you need a hand with stuff? I take it your going to turbo the £50 K10 not your SS?

I take it your going to turbo the £50 K10 not your SS?

the turbo setup will be used on the £50 banger but if under extreme testing it doesnt blow its getting chucked into the ss

just so people know the turbo i wil be using is a garrett GT1849V

when it comes to extreme testing, give me a shout ;) hehehe

seriously though, i owe you big time do if you need a favour then lemme know!
good luck with this dude!!

Stock carb is sealed so may work to a minor extent with a turbo. Oil can be fed from a T on the pressure switch, and youll need a return to the sump. You may need to play with a fuel pressure reg to the carb, this would need to be tested with an AFR meter.

Ed

after reading what raceworx did to that other k10 i guessed it worked to some extent,

i really want to know why tromans k10 blew up and how it blew up so i can prevent it from happening

ed, can you point me in the direction of a suitable yet reliable fuel pressure regulator which doesnt break the bank

i wonder if the bigger carb that speedle has found out to fit would be better with boost cause of the bigger jets?

this is actually sounding like it will work :grinning:

Ive not used any fuel pressure regs on carbs as I only work with injection. You should have a look and see what the renault 5 GTT uses.

Think the manifold is the least of the problem, think the fuelling is the major problem with adding a turbo to a carb engine.

Good luck fordy

The fueling system and manifolds from a figaro i imagine would be ideal! or the March Turbo.

The MA10ET is about 75bhp isnt it? Not sure about the Figaro. What sort of power are you hoping for Fordy?

the fig is 76 mate, but tbh youd need alot more then the inlet system form a fig, no doubt a lot of wiring would be involved, but seeing as the super s has the ecc maybe theres room to work it in there, micra man (dan) had a R5 GTT carb mounted to a standard inlet manifold and various bits to do a turbo conversion but it never got implemented.... i reckon the r5 carb would be the best bet tbh at least you'd know its designed for that application unlike the Hitachi

I want share our experiance with engine ST....

I want ask, for my knowledge turbo std for K10 same size with turbo TDO4 GSR but if u use TDO4 in ST engine, my member tell to me ST engine will smothly on the road but not use havy duty speed..for my experiance march turbo std can use havy duty....for ur information, i setting my car on the road on high boost 1.5 bar....but that turbo is find and can run. But my member use TDO4 on ST engine, he speed up to 1.3 bar high boost, TDO4 is damage.

My experiance, my member use VF10 (Impreza turbo)... car very smooth and faster.....but this VF10 use the ball bearing and must use high quality engine oil and u must check every time to know about that status oil or that oil charge color to black/choclate or not. If oil change color, u must charge engine oil because turbo can be damage.

May be almostly ur all use the high performance turbo like greddy or HKS. For me the performance turbo very expensive but the run same to use another turbo type (bigger than original) but must little modify to ur engine to install a new turbo type.

Sorry for my english very bad! I hope u understand what i want tell to u all.

Back