throttle bodies.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
would be really interested in that if someone can post a pic, a quad N/A screaming micra would be such a sleeper

do you have any other specs on it brendon?

cheers

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
ah there was a big discussion o nthis a year or two ago. i dont think be able to do a search for it coz servers have changed and all that.
all i remember was that they were from a 1000cc yamaha or along those lines. maybe pm cisco or evade or white knight they may know more and have pics lying around.
just seen a few pics of micras in japan with quad tbs would be awesome.
i think there would be some modifying like getting brackets and plates made to make it fit but would be pretty damn cool.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
04-05 r1 throttle bodies are overkill they are 45mm

00 gsxr 600 throttle bodies are ideal as they are 38mm, and apparently you can space them out a little bit

cbr600rr tbs are 40mm so might be good, they also have 8 injectors, 4 in the tb and 4 in the airbox used for higher revs

the kwaka zx6r tbs are 38mm and there is a set on ebay for $350 AUD

you can also look into efihardware.com quad tbs but they are expensive as well $1400 brand new from tweakit

is anyone planning on installing some quad tbs on their micra?

and if anyone has pics or info on quad tb micras post up.

i saw some out side shot of cars on ciscos japan blog site but no specific details / setup shots.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yes buy mine! cheap and you know you'll make power lol

with regarsd to quads, have you considered what computer you are going to use? how you are going to tune it, you have to tune it via TPS i'm pretty sure.. etc etc..i've heard its a real prick.

i had a friend who put quad throttles onto a integra type-r, ended up selling them because it was a bastard to tune.

should be interesting, just making sure you got all bases covered

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
why you selling your turbo setup and how much power did you make with it?

already thought about that, ecu will be haltech and hitman.hm can tune it in sydney

the bike tb's have a tps sensor already so just going to hook the haltech up to that

just doing some research but it all seems possible, on the hunt for some headers first though

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
http://www.mulholland-rp.com/

finally found their page and its got quads on their front page

ENGIN365.jpg

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
there are a few quads micras in uk but they wouldnt normally be on the car club, they would be on a motorsport club, so finding them to talk to would depend on what area and events they run in.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
thanks polar, thats a shame though cant find anything on quad micras on google

if you measure the diameter of the tbs you might be able to determine what year they came off, i know the 04 - 05 is 45mm, the years b4 that might have used smaller ones, nothing a search wont fix

Back