the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

i think the fire got hold of the wiring loom, when that happens it's almost impossible to put it out - even with those tiny extinguishers

At least the wheels are ok :D
Opening the bonnet and doors probably didn't help though!

Why on earth didnt he run across the road to get buckets of water?! Looks like an oil fire from turbo or something that then heated up the bulkhead inside and made the interiour catch fire. He needed water and fast, no amounts of small CO bottle or whatever will help!! Mad video

they dint actually use a buket of water did they? more lyk tidal wave hitttin the poor golf,,,n water n electrics dont mix,thers no way im chukin water to live wires even if it is my heavily modified car! :)

Attachments

• beforethe-kit(web).jpg
    beforethe-kit(web).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 181
  • beforethe-kit+thelads(web).jpg
    beforethe-kit+thelads(web).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 164
  • whitelinekit-box(web).jpg
    whitelinekit-box(web).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 200
  • antiroll-bars(web).jpg
    antiroll-bars(web).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 163
  • caster-camber-kits(web).jpg
    caster-camber-kits(web).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 154
  • whitelinekitfitted(web).jpg
    whitelinekitfitted(web).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 203
  • whitelinekitfitted-left(web.jpg
    whitelinekitfitted-left(web.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 182
  • whitelinekitfitted-right(we.jpg
    whitelinekitfitted-right(we.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 172
  • garage(web).jpg
    garage(web).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 157
It's 12V - chucking water on it can't hurt. The only thing you have to watch out for that could make high voltage is HID headlights. If he'd done it early, and disconnected the battery, as well as not leaving the bonnet open, he'd have probably saved it.

HID units are sealed.

RIK said:
chukin water onto an electrical fire is not goin to help,,,,,,

Doesnt look electrical to me. I think its had a turbo conversion or something and the heat has set fire to something under the engine bay, most probably oil lines etc.. water on both sides could have really helped stop this.

RIK said:
thers no way im chukin water to live wires even if it is my heavily modified car! :)

Why not? By doing this you're at least going to have a chance of putting it out, then repairing the damage afterwards. By leaving it alone and letting it burn, you'l have nothing left at all!

well tbh i think since it looks liek the golf poss had a diesel leak that has been dripping onto the hot enegine and caused ingite that way. i know this happened to one of the works vans. started smoking on the inside of the cab. luckily never cought fire etc. but reminds me of the same sitaution we could have been in also!!

This is gonna be a bit controversial. Looks to me like it might possibly staged. Havin a camera on in the right position just as it starts smokin as if knew it was gonna happen. I.E. had had some smokin b4 and wud film it this time.

I know it looks pretty bad at the end, and apologies if it wasn't staged.

Rich

i had an eletrical fire in my car, not that bad thou,
and the first thing i dd was to rip the battery terminals out and straight away the fire went out....

even if that was an oil or diesel fire as soon as the loom burn through that would have kept the fire going. what you really need is a foam or powder fire extinguisher and a battery isolator switch actually on the battery.

i don't no what i'd do if i had to watch my car go up like that...

probably start shaking my fist at the sky shouting Why oh vegeful one!!

Back