"The maximum server load has been reached"

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I have just received this message - with 10 odd users online, thats a bit rubbish is it not?

These forums definately seem slower compared to the old ones, what server are they running on?

o_O

hahaha its becasue were running server logs :) it will be fine in a mo thay are large files

The forums have been painfully slow for me since the changeover. Didnt want to say anything though because they do work fine eventually and im sure youve all got enough to worry about without me complaining..lol :p
Owen

I do agree, there is just not alot I can do about it right now. were on a new server and the contact lasts a few more months. Since 1st Jan - and bear in mind the site has really only been active a week - the MSC has had:

Total Hits 562658
Total Files 276766
Total Pages 148029
Total Visits 19129
Total KBytes 3739562

This was much more than I expected - when I last did the logs this would have been about 2 weeks of usage not 7 days.

Ed

:D

but loads more to come from the site also.

the site loads exceptionally fast for me though can i just say. since my system is backl upand running io have had not issues with waiting for images to loads etc.
so i believe it comes down to the systems capabilities
it just that the new site has alot more capabilitiues also ths taking more info but slowing ur system down

which is a shem but as ED says not his fault. and cant resolve it at the mo.

the site has still got loads to go till it finished, but im sure everyone will be happy in the long run

I'm using Firefox - I dont know if thats the problem.....but I've just formatted my machine and every other website I visit loads at a good speed.

Hmm!

none of this firefox caper, dont even know what it is lol - have u guys ever tried internet explorer and windows? haha lol - i know i shouldnt laugh at my own sarcasm but its late and im tired, i have got that message before too, i just pressed refresh

ok u will get a lot of messgae as the site is hurryidly triedtoupgraded to please you all. iu have to take into consideration the site wasnt ready to be dumped on us like this.

as work continues to carry on building the sie. unfortunatly just like building work on roads etc. the footpath may well be blocled from time to ime to be able to complete the work to make your life and everyones lifes a happier state of mind :D

wayne

hmm somthing telling me it the computer people that are using the programmes. lol
internet explorer aint good at all matey compared.lol

ive only been introduced as of late really. but u will notice the cast improvement instantly as u browse around

Pete, its slow for me too.. I guess it must be a sussex problem as its gone snails pace since day 1 for me! :(

I've tried it on two different machines at totally different locations aswell, using both IE6 and firefox, and im a techie!! still cant speed it up tho.. Every other site is fine... But im getting used to it now :slm:

yeh, ive been useing mozilla for a few years now under linux, was always really impressed with the tab browsing feature. As i said, it dosnt really bother me about the speed. I'm only on 64K ISDN at the moment anyway cause my broadband router has gone down. lucky we still have ISDN as a backup :D am about to rip my entire network to pieces today though and rebuild it all. i have a thing against haveign loads of little boxes scatterd all over the place so im rebuilding and puting everythign in the rack enclosure. currently only my webserver and one switch is in there, but there are 2 routers, another switch and 2 USB print servers just randomly scattered around the desks so im going to put it all in the rack and run cabeling to where its needed, much neater. :)
Owen

firefox working dandy for a bit for me too.
my pc is back in the stoneage it might as well not have a processor. piece of crap
site all running fine though. i like it

Back