Terrorist attack in london

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
the power went down on the train lines....hence the collisons and the explosion..

the 3 busses however have not yet been mentioned on skynews. it is updating as we speak. but yes no mention yet of a "terrorist" attack

does look aweful. hopefully soon they will set up a number where we are able to call to see if friends/relatives are safe

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Very bad no matter what happened it effects us all and in this day and age should not really be happening. Just a matter of time till it might happen here somewhere i guess, take care everyone,very sad.

CMF_NeX

» CMF Member
it was terrorists by the way. just confermed...

B*stards!!

i was there only a couple of days ago, i could have died because some **** thinks it's what god wants or some crap like that!

cisco

» CMF Member
Sad sad setup the old world thesedays.

The garbage bins were locked shut on one of the trains in Japan for fear that someone would drop a small bomb into one of the bins. They apologized tremendously for having to do it. Sad setup.

But the bullet trains had heaps of bins. It was only the main train the went to and from the airport.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
"A previously unknown group has claimed responsibility for a series of bomb attacks in London during the city's morning rush hour.

The Al Jihad network in Europe has claimed responsibility for the bombings in a 200-word statement posted on the Internet and have threatened further attacks across Europe." ABC.NET

CMF_2

» CMF Member
Sad to hear this again after the 911.

We got better house,better cars,better food,better looks,better fun,better money,better technologies year after year........but at the same time we got worse moral,worse next generation,worse Love/sex life,worse air/water quality,worse problems,worse health year after year.

Need > Want, Need = Want or Need < Want ?? Who want the chance to drive and own a 79hp micra OR own a 300+hp 4WD micra but without the chance to drive it.

I read the Bible sometimes,and sometimes i just wondering are we now back in the days of Noal???

CMF_ricardo_Swarez

» CMF Member
the reason they talk about money is because in london if theres something like this then companys loose thousands of pounds and so will have to cut in the biggest expence area wich is labour, the news is just reporting the bad news to ppl, because this effects all outside of london to, and the the person who said who no's its a terrorist attack, ppl just presume wen something bad happens that its terrorists- a english terrorist faction that is under the al qaeda hierarchy took responsiblilty for the attack an hour after it happened, an if not terrorists....who do u think did it? one man and his dog? open your eyes

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Quote = thesarah

"the power went down on the train lines....hence the collisons and the explosion.. "

Correct the power went down (whole of London infact). However i would like to take this chance to point out that the trains in the underground system in london are electric - which means that when the power fails, every single train stops. Which means they cannot collide. If power was lost to the control/command centre for the trains, the trains are all stopped as well until power is restored. Thats just one of many power related plans/conditions they have. :)

Mobile phone network has been shut down due to fear that the bombs were remote controlled with mobile phones. The train bombs in madrid were controlled by mobile phones so they played it safe and shut down the networks.

Terrible, terrible things. :(

CMF_not_another_sunday

» CMF Member
Bombs can be set off in many ways, I heard they want to tighten security around Australia as well, unfortunately, theres not much you can do in that sort of attack :(

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Yes you can only do so much.
I feel so gutted by such happenings and to think there are so called human beings who feel they are fully justified in doing such terrible acts.
Many many years ahead where people who believe in normal human decency ( irrespective of religious or non religiuos beliefs) will have to defend even even to the point of loosing life a society where peace,love, understanding , tolerance are the norm.

CMF_not_another_sunday

» CMF Member
This is not an 'act of terror' this is an act of war. The only difference being they have no country inwhich they operate. No country to call home, meaning of course that its difficult to strike back.

Intelligence (not within ones own mind) is the only way of stopping this sort of thing, unfortunately, if this can happen in London, it can happen anywhere. Literally, you cant walk 5 minutes in any direction in London without being recorded on CCTV. So I dont know what people expect to 'tighten up'. England has the tightest surveillance system in the world and if they can slip through that, then its very scary indeed

CMF_thesarah

» CMF Member
yes. the power shuts down. the wheels well keep moving until something stops it.

no need to get on the defensive. it just seems in early stages of incidents the term "terrorist" gets thrown around, and thats all i meant, i assumed it to actually be an attack of an anarchist group. I know alot of people who were in London at the time, or related to someone visiting the country. It's a very sad situation and the people who are affected are in my thoughts.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
Well actually if the trains were close enough to roll into each other on the one line then there was something wrong with the tracks in the first place and the accident was still going to happen...

Sorry I'm just a train nut. I love trains. Its the child in me...

cisco

» CMF Member
I agree, most news sites want the maximum gut wrenching reaction from their readers/viewers. So whenever a bomb goes off thesedays, oh it must be a terrorist attack or al qaeda or some random thing to blame it on.

I'm in no way saying that it wasn't. But you never see a big bomb that went off where they say "It seems like a random bomb, it could have been some guy who had a bad day at work".

Bombs used to go off before all this recent focus on terrorism. You can never stop a random angry idiot having a psycho attack and blowing everything up.

There's no way of completely preventing it. Its the luck of the draw. There are psychos out there with no regard to human life. If they do it because they had a message to get across then its useless because a bomb doesn't convince the victims' country to suddenly change something that the bomber wanted. Its just a bomb and tragedy etc so everyone bunches up and stays strong and haven't learnt anything if there was something the bomber was trying to explain!

No matter how good London's CCTV is, that means nothing. You can strap and prepare the bomb elsewhere then just drive in there and detonate it in your car. Obviously they wouldn't assemble the bomb underneath a camera. It would be done elsewhere or in a hotel room/car/another country etc.

Its a stupid tragedy that should never have happened. But I don't know how we can avoid this kind of crap in the future. You can also spend millions in a country on tightening up security and it will still happen. Its a real worry. I always get a bit of a funny worried feeling when I am in massive cities like Sydney or Tokyo. **** like that can possibly happen when you're there. Plus it can happen anywhere, but they usually like to target densely populated places.

I reckon most things come down to lack of communication. Some one or group was unhappy, they felt that noone was listening or that this kind of thing happened to them. So in their mind, they thought it would be fair to blow up heaps of people to try to get their message across. If only everyone could sit at a big round table and discuss. Both sides might even agree!

the trouble is that the attack was organized, maybe if one went off they would find it harder to blame a terrorist groups.

The fact that they did it when a lot of focus was on our country (g8 and the olypics etc) chances are that it was a terrorst group (whether or not it was alquida is irrelevant)

also if someone like alquida admits to doing it then the media are bound to tell everyone that it was because they have no reason not to and all the evidence points towards it.

there is no excuse for such acts. im not sure whether karma exists but now im hoping it does.

cisco

» CMF Member
I totally agree with you. In this case from what you hear on the news, you would assume it points to terrorism group(s).

I guess I was talking generally.

CMF_ricardo_Swarez

» CMF Member
actualy sara pneumatic brakes on trains are fail safe, so if they fail...they fail in the safe position, so if power is lost the brakes lock on, and if one train locks then every train in the area is automaticly notified of a blockage in the line ahead and cant speed up towards it, brakes on trucks and buses are the same, if they fail, they fail in the safe posistion....

CMF_ricardo_Swarez

» CMF Member
its was a terrorist attack, im in the uk and the news confirmed that it was a sub group of the al quieda group, the attack was claimed just after the bomb detonated, the reason its not being said much, is because there has been no official statement from al quieda, just a statement from this sect, because any1 could run up and blow up a car an say in im al quieda, they dont want to stir up fear in london about it being a prime target for the biggest terrorist organsation in the world unless they can confirm it.....but its obvious it is,

i think the bus bomb was meant for a tube, as it was 27minutes after the first bomb, the bus was stuck in traffic, i think the guy just thought, all the bombs have already gone off so theres no way i can get in a tube now, so i'll just blow it here, the sick thing it, ppl from the top of that bus survived, an if u've seen the bus, that is just amazin how they survived that

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
From today's Age(australian newspaper), in relation to the London bombings & the alleged terrorists...

"Police are amazed at the secrecy and efficiency of the operation. The four men drove in two or three hired cars from Leeds to Luton, just north of London. Tanweer drove a red Nissan Micra, and police are keen to know why he took a different route from the others, The Times reported."

Back