Super S

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
There you go Nick — it's just down the road! :D

Great colour, same as Turtle. Low k's too, nice.

Check for rear damage as the stickers are Micra and SuperS stickers are on the wrong sides.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Gary Fintelman WROTE:

"I will buy this tomorrow unless the concern about rear damage cannot be cleared up! - the stickers are on the wrong side so far as i know too...

Haha, had enough of the Prelude then?

Stickers are on the wrong sides and in the wrong places (stuck way too high up) so could mean it's had the hatch replaced at some point. I'd be checking the boot and wheel well for damages..

Edit: Gah I really need to read other people's posts more carefully.

---dens

CMF_Gary Fintelman

» CMF Member
Well the prelude was written off on monday :(

Soooo, i bought an slx on friday! yay! - more details to come soon but for now ill leave you with saying its a 1996 silver slx, 90,000kms, stupid 3 spoke alloys, king springs (yellow, progressive rate), front and rear strut braces and a dodgy dodgy air intake. Anybody know who owned this before me?

and yes those stickers (on the super s) are on the wrong side - i spoke to the dealer on Friday and he said it has had the boot resprayed after some bad scratches but some dopey painter put them on wrong.

but i guess its too late for the super S now anyway as its not listed anymore... someone lucky out there has it now...i was going to buy it and have it shipped down tomorrow/monday.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Shame to hear about the writeoff, but congrats on the SLX Gary :) Can't say i've seen/heard of that one - the only one I know of having tri-spokes was aaron's mum's SLX :p I see that one around a bit around Box Hill and other places..

No biggie about the Super-S - just enjoy the 4-door goodness that is the SLX :p

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Haha I know someone here was looking at that for a second car.. I won't say who. It's pretty rare seeing as it'd be a S2 Super-S (the grill is S2 and the wheels are S2 Super-S at least). Those bumpstrips aren't like LX/SLX items also, the S1 and S2 Super-S seemed to have slightly nicer/smaller ones which is what that has.

Not the nicest colour but if the date's correct it's definitely S2 and if it really is a Super-S then it's rare to find down here.

---dens

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Seems to be rather clean all in all but who can tell with dodgy photos.

Chances are the seller doenst know its a Super S? As it'd be a key selling point due to its rarity.

CMF_Gary Fintelman

» CMF Member
It is a super S (but they dont know the difference), it has air con and power steering, totaly stock, second owner the last 6 years, full service history, and 170,000 km.

Is there anybody in WA that can take a look at it for me? I have the cash to buy it right now!

Back