super s spoiler removal

B

Beachboy

how do i do it without breaking it? cant see any screws or bolts. on the left hand edge it has come away but possibly becasuse it came undon from it mount plate. need to get the top bit off and the other side but dont know which way to lever it off etc. confusing.
and help appreciated.

if i remember correctly from ian's, there are screws along the base. you unscrew them, remove the spoiler then ship it up north :p

ah excellent thanks. i was nearly breaking it as the thing wouldnt budge. hidden bolts must be concealed with rubber bits. will have a look later.
i just bought a cheap super s which is white same coulour as my base model so i have been taking all the colour coded bits off to swap. i will sell all the super s stuff if i sell my car this year.

i would have done. but it has rear wiper and so a hole would be in it after i strip it out, though i could put a rubber grommet in it, i still may do that but it means cleaning a load of solid sealant stuff of the number plate light holder panel surround which some fool did to it. i have the spoiler off now, but will have to permenently remove the bolts so i can stick it to my tailgate. will need to decide soon. as for taking it off it was quite hard. i found the interior bolts ok and got the nuts off but the top is so stronly bonded down with glue tape its tricky to get it off without damaging it. if i used a hair dryer etc. it would have been easy though i guess. but it took me awhile to realise the glue tape was on there as it was so stuck down flat i couldnt see it and was yanking for ages.

my car looks just about like a white super s now. cant belive how much attractive itr looks. mostly from having the nice front bumper with fog lights etc. weighs a lot more than my old bumper though.

for K11 1993-1998 its all about the Super S / SR bumpers, lovely, subtle and an original part

Are you going to be keeping the fogs? Why didn't you swap all your stuff to the Super S?

it needs money spent on it to get mot. but i struggled to get the money to buy the super s so its going to be dismantled and then shell scrapped. wish i had more garage space. the fogs will be staying with the bumper at the moment.

Back