Sticky stuff removal

This is going to sound a bit weird, but once you've used a bit of white spirit to loosen them up (and scarpe them off with something plastic, as they can be very stubborn), a cheap pack of face/hand wipes from Tesco will get most of it off. When I took my numberplates and bumpstrips off, and found 13 years of glue and gunk behind them, it cleaned them right up (Y)

Jus had a look at the wheel. Quite cheap so beings as I'm lazy and impatient il buy one if those:laugh:

What bout the stickers? I'm thinking hair dryer and a stanly blade

hair dryer,stanley blade and white spirit will get glue/adhesive off :) Just make sure you dont push too hard with the white spirit or you'll start to take the paint off

Hair dryer yes, but be very carful with a blade - it's very easy to chip the paint, especially after heating it up and when the paint on your car is the best part of 20 years old :suspect:

Dont do what i did...and spray too close,it left a 'ghost' of the spray and it wont buff out. Best thing to do is spray it on a cloth and use it that way

I sprayed straight onto glue let it soak for minute or 2 rubbed off then had a microfibre polishin mitt and left no ghost what stuff did you use?

Back