stickers,numbers (motorsport)

CMF_mike hayes

» CMF Member
You can get hte numbers from most motor sport suppliers such as Demon Tweeks. You just stick them onto a white square of plastic. But driving a car on the public highway with numbers on the side when not competing in an event is illegal. It will at the least give the police reason to stop you just for a chat.

The White square to put your numers on you can make from a piece of sticky backed plastic.

As for rally plates they are only available from rally organisers as far as I know. And then only if you are part of the organisation or competing, although occaisionaly marshals can get hold of them. Apart from major events these do not have the big white sqatre as part of the plate. Thea sre just the bit over the top.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
can you provide a link to where this is written in the road traffic act as i believe its just a myth that its illegal. it maybe against the rules of rallying but not in uk traffic law? i used to have numbers on my road only car and it went through an MOT and was never stopped by traffic police etc..

CMF_NeilSR

» CMF Member
I believe its down to the area that you are in and how the police take it there. Lots of people dont have issues, however doem do

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
thats what i believe too, and police cant use it as a reason to stop any vehicle.
i think the only graphic you cant have on a car is the word "police"?

Back