Stereo upgrade

Hello again you knowledgeable people ;-)

Just bought a 2nd hand CD radio to replace the original rad/cass in my 2001 1.0. Surprised at how easy it was to access/remove the latter. Of course the wiring connections are different and the original is held in with a bracket on both sides which doesn't correspond to screw thread holes on the replacement (JVC).
So, how do I go about wiring it in (not a wiring expert btw!) and do different kinds of brackets exist and where do I get them from?
Never done anything like this before so your experience/knowledge can only be useful.

Hwyl!

B.

You can get wiring harness adaptors cheaply off ebay or expensively from halfords.

I don't know of any brackets available.

if you have the stereo cage, that can be fitted to the facia you removed to access the stereo

Cheers Olly - is that what the plastic things are called that the wires feed into?
Found a related post after I did mine and sounds like I'll have to puzzle over the bracket problem.

if you have the stereo cage, that can be fitted to the facia you removed to access the stereo

Am I right in thinking the cage is the snug fitting metal sort of outer sleeve that can be slid off the back of the stereo?

Back