standard wheel offset

O

ohc_turbo

just bought and put on a set of gtir alloys, look much better than the 13" hubcaps but guess what, they rub on the back, they stick out much more than the 13's the question is whats the offset and how wide are the standard 13" wheels

the tyres on the gtir wheels are 195 55 14, does anone know the offset and width of the gtir wheels so i can make a comparison to see how much ive gaing in overall size of the wheel and how much i have pushed out the wheels

im going to cut the lip off of the arch on the weekend to make it a bit better, i think stiffning up the suspention would make it better too as it wouldnt roll so much but the budget cant strech up to a set of springs this month

they look damn cool though, give it a agressive look with a wider track and getting rid of the girly 13" hubbys has done no end of good to the car

pity i cant go round a bend fast to test out how much it has improved the handling

one last Q how much are a set of lowering springs?

cheers

you should get an anti roll bar also, if you havent already got one. I have one forsale, PM me for details if your interested,

I used to have 14's on mine, best tyre size is 185/50/14, only had to cut the lips off a little, fit some more bump stops in your rear shocks, that'll stop the rubbing

thanks for tip mark, i remember my mate years ago, he had the same prob and he went down the shop and got a set of bump stops, they were made for cars that tow caravans so they do dip down too much, he did cut off the lip aswell but as far as i can remember it helped a lot.

theres a 1.2gsx with arb's down the scrappy near me, i was thinking about getting them, it does feel a bit funny driving without them i must admit.

Back