Standard - SR bumper differences

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Right, I don't have my SR bumper to hand due to it being painted, but I have a standard black one..

And i have a laguna splitter i need to trim and get sprayed up ready for the bumper.

What i need to know is, if I fit it to the standard bumper, just to trim it to shape, will it fit to the SR bumper the same? Or are they different shapes/wider?

Different shape IMO

At the bottom and sides - the fitting of Arches shows that, although all mounting points etc are the same.

I thought they were different, they're more bulgey kinda thing aren't they..
It's just whether the lip at the bottoms different.

I just don't want to paint it before I trim it, cuz I know the paint will chip/crack/peel when i cut through it :(

i wouldn't recomend painting it anyway, because it's slightly rubbery. i've seen some painted and the slightest knock will cause the paint to crack and look horrible. i think tommo hit a rabbit or similar and it ruined his paint on splitter.

Well the splitter is a matt black, it's a laguna one, I'm sure you know what it looks like..

How could i get it shiny without painting?
Back to black? Is there something better i could use?

i used silicon gel.

here's a pic of my old car with it just done, but front of car is in the shade, so you can hardly tell.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 151
Put a little on a cloth, give it a good rub, then buf off with another cloth, works a treat.
Craig

Lol, i'll give that a go then.

Someone actually said that the other day but i assumed they were joking..

Back