SR160 Fuel

T

The Mad Hatter

Right, now I'm wondering what fuel to run my 160SR on, if the day I pick it up moves any closer...:down:

Optimax and Ultimate have obvious decoking/buildup prevention, but is it true that Jap cars adjust their ignition timings to suit the fuel they're being run on? The Focus had no ability to do this so I just used 95 most of the time and threw 10k Boost into the tank occasionally, apart from on dyno days where I used 98 to prevent det on the rollers.

Has anyone had problems with det on a standard 160SR? And does anyone know any truth about the abilities to adjust ignition timing?

And one final question...do any companies do chips for them? On my Focus we could get a "Bluefin" which plugged into the diagnostic port and remapped the car, is there anything available for the 160?

as far as i know not all cars can adjust to higher octane fuel or improve performance but it definitely make the car smoother, cut out the kangeroo effect.
i have a 1.4 and both BP or optimax do not give much difference to justify its price tag.

Back