speed sensor..

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
so i know the ST has that annoying beep when driving at speed, and i know the ECU has a wire for 'speed sensor'

anyone got any idea what kind of signal is going down that wire? voltage? frequency?

so i know the ST has that annoying beep when driving at speed, and i know the ECU has a wire for 'speed sensor'

anyone got any idea what kind of signal is going down that wire? voltage? frequency?

Man take the clocks out the buzzer on the right hand side at the back if them.Snip wires or remove it,Annoying piece of #### especially when your car goes off the clock in 20-30seconds ha

i wonder what the 'speed sensor' wire coming off the ECU is for?

surely the march doesn't have anything to create a speed reading for? the speedo is mechanical right?

i wonder what the 'speed sensor' wire coming off the ECU is for?

surely the march doesn't have anything to create a speed reading for? the speedo is mechanical right?

Yeah the speedo mechanical.I'm not sure the reason for it

the ECU likes to know how fast the car is moving. EVERY SINGLE nissan ECU even on the old K10 with carb (ECCS) has a speed sensor.

There are various operating conditions that are affected by the measured speed (nothing you would really notice)

However the speed beep unit is entirely separate and can be removed quite simply by taking the clocks out and unscrewing it. IIRC It should not be necessary to cut wires.

Ed

thanks Ed, do you happen to know what kind of voltage or frequency its putting out? i'd be great to be able to log it on the wideband like i can airflow etc

From memory its 5 volt logic level to the ECU. But you will need to confirm that yourself. I think its 2 pulses per KPH/s, but again you would need to check, its been a while since I needed to know that

well 5v makes it easy to log i just need to be able to interpret the data, will investigate and post up how i go!

Back