Space saver spare wheels

eltaylor001

North Rep
I currently have four Wolfrace Mantis 17" alloys in shadow chrome on my car. I went down to my local motorworld to get a spare and now they don't do my wheels. They do a similiar one but its £180.

Admittley I'm thinking about getting different alloys but I'd rather not have to buy five. Do you its possible to get a space saver spare in 17" for a K12 and where do think I could get one? Or should I just go to my main dealer and ask?

A 17" SPACE SAVER defeats the object doesn't it?

ie the whole idea of space savers is that they take up less room than a normal wheel.

How different is the rolling radius of your alloys and the original space saver?

CocoPops said:
ie the whole idea of space savers is that they take up less room than a normal wheel.

Only the tires width is different, such as the 205/35/17 etc figure is just alot narrower, such as 100/35/17. (sizes made up)

The Nissan 300 and others still came with large space saving tyres! Most cars nowadays have a couple of cans of tyreweld in a compartment.

CocoPops said:
A 17" SPACE SAVER defeats the object doesn't it?

How different is the rolling radius of your alloys and the original space saver?

I'm not sure about the rolling radius, I've got 205/45/V17 on my alloys and a standard space saver spare (14"). I'd have to check.

I'm just worried about difference in height for when get a puncture. Cos some little bastard kid tried to flatten one the other day. Ok so it wasn't a puncture and I was able to just re-inflate it but if it had been a puncture I would have had to use my current spare and thought I might be off kilter cos of the size and that it would cause problems.

So not really sure what to do. If decide to get new alloys it won't be for a while and I still might only get 4.

Maybe I should just get the spare out and what difference is in radius. It might only need say a 15" which the better spec models will have.

I run 18's at the moment with a 15" spare alloy, had no issues, ran about with it on for about 4 days while i was waiting for another 18" tyre to come in, there was a slight difference in the radius, but it causes no issues (unless ur down 100mm and ur front splitter keeps hitting small bumps in the road, lol)

Well all is over. Came out of work yesterday and it were flat again. The wall had split. Got it to garage and he said spare would be ok. But when we took the alloy off couldn't the spigot ring off. lol. So he had to pump it up again and hope it would last the night and the drive back in the morning, which it did just. Getting new un fitted today.

So spare will be fine in future. Just gotta worry about getting my spigot ring of in future. Dam thing had fused itself.

Ah well.

Back