Some engines 3 cylinder, some 4?

I have been a Micra owner for just two days. Bought a third hand 1998 Twister.

Prior to buying it I was under the impression that all Micra's were 3 cylinder jobbies but was then surprised to see that my new purchase has 4.

Are there a distinct number of models that have four? Was the Twister a special mod/decision?

Just interested but confused.

Many Thanks :)

I have been a Micra owner for just two days. Bought a third hand 1998 Twister.

Prior to buying it I was under the impression that all Micra's were 3 cylinder jobbies but was then surprised to see that my new purchase has 4.

Are there a distinct number of models that have four? Was the Twister a special mod/decision?

Just interested but confused.

Many Thanks :)

CG10 and CG13 and the CGA engines are all 4 cylinder :)

Micras have always had 4 (up until now) to my surprise, everyone I knew thought they were 3 cyl or single cammed motors lol, (especially the k11's lol)

Suprised face when I popped the bonnet!

It amazed a few a work when I told them I had a 4 cylinder. It seems to be accepted that the Micra is a 3 cylinder jobbie .............. an i.mpression that is obviously not correct. I too was surprised when I lifted the bonnet. Are there any opinions as to which is better, or smoother or more economical?

It's most likely an olde subject for most of you but I am just interested :)

It amazed a few a work when I told them I had a 4 cylinder. It seems to be accepted that the Micra is a 3 cylinder jobbie .............. an i.mpression that is obviously not correct. I too was surprised when I lifted the bonnet. Are there any opinions as to which is better, or smoother or more economical?

It's most likely an olde subject for most of you but I am just interested :)

People will tell you the 1.3 is generally the best, there was a coilpack 1.4 with 10hp extra on late models but they're not as tunable as the 1.3.

They're all smashing engines, the 1300 for example has 75hp which is very respectable considering the weight of the car too. They'll all take a good thrashing, too. I've owned a 1.0L and 1.3L and they will take anything you throw at them! Being twin cam 4 pots they're very perky, revvy little engines.

Back