socket set, MIG welder & Compressor on a budget!

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well since i started watching "wheeler dealers" on real time, edd china has got me into wanting to do a car, not nesassarly old, a k11 infact (mot failure). Im not new to this, infact, i rate myself as quite good with dody work and that but as i browse machine mart cataloge, MIG's & comps confuse me, well not confuse, but what they do. so basicly i wanna MIG that will weld cars (sils,pannels thin metal etc) and a comp to use tools: cut-off tool, grinder, sander, saw and air wrench, all air tools except paint really!
now what am i looking at as far as i know, i need a 2HP+ and 8CFM to be effient but this is boggle to me lol ( i look at a tool , air needed n see if comp can handle it) this right?

budget is about £300 but i want a decent socket set too (will wait to get more cash if needed)

cheers guys!

The MIG you need should be at least 90 amps to work on a car.
Compressor that kicks out 90PSI at 8CFM should be fine.

£300 is not alot for what you want look for stuff second hand and be prepared to travel.

I got a bargain gas/gasless welder off ebay for £100, was worth nearly £200, got a comrpessor for £50 second hand with some tools, got me a full air tool kit for the great price of £80 on ebay again, worth alot more, can get a decent socket set of £50 or even less really.

Don't skimp on the welder if you intend to do some proper stuff, get one that can do both gas and gasless welding, I use the gasless wire for practising and gas for proper stuff.

Back