so you want to know how a K11 ECU looks like...

CMF_ce_dois

» CMF Member
Hello ppl!

Finaly i got the time to make this!:ping:

This car is from Portugal, Europe!

Car description:

-Nissan Micra K11
-Model: "Lagoon" in my country
-Engine: cg10de 55hp :)
-No elec wind, no ac
- I have NATS!

ECU description:

-Make: Bosch
-Model:0 261 204 243 XU
-Board name/type: b19-621 317
-
-
-
-
-
as soon has i get time i will do a description of all the parts in the ecu, components,microprocessor etc...

Here it is some pics:

ECU type/name/make
ecunissanmicra39ix.jpg

ECU connectors – ECU side
ecunissanmicra22gd.jpg

ecunissanmicra184vh.jpg

Indicator LED
ecunissanmicra61ti.jpg

ECU inside
ecunissanmicra47we.jpg

ecunissanmicra4a7zy.jpg

ecunissanmicra5a3vt.jpg

ecunissanmicra72ue.jpg

Board
ecunissanmicra135vj.jpg

ecunissanmicra96dm.jpg

ecunissanmicra121zc.jpg

ecunissanmicra110as.jpg

ecunissanmicra12a6bp.jpg

ecunissanmicra15a4bw.jpg

ecunissanmicra14a6oz.jpg

ecunissanmicra19a7cm.jpg

I hope this helps! :) :)

Ce_dois

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Of course, _somewhere_ I've got these pictures saved. Alas, now that I actually 'need' them (I intend to hook up to a laptop soundcard, through a couple of resistors to one of the injector wires for a fuel consumption meter) they have expired.
Did anyone happen to keep copies?

Thanks.
[email protected]

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Thanks - not sure those are relevant.
Anyway - I'm hoping that the colour coding on the appropraiate haynes manual is accurate.
"blue" = injector 2 or throttle position sensor.
(either of which would be interesting.)
I'm not actually removing the ECU - as I don't have the radio codes, but I'm just splicing into the wires using an (ISOLATED!) soldering iron.
There is enough space to get to the wires, and barely enough slack to do this.
I figure that once I've worked out the injector fuel delivery curves (on time vs injection volume), this should, in combination with GPS, give pretty good real-time fuel consumption.
As a bonus - it'll give 'free' torque curves for various throttle settings and gears.
But it'll be easy to answer fuel consumption questions - what's the most fuel efficient speed, and is it best to slowly accellerate to that speed, or to floor it, if you anticipate spending a long time at top speed.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Removed the two screws covering the ECU bit under the radio, pulled it off, and pushed the other bit out of the way.
Despite much poking, could only locate one blue wire.
Soldered a connection to it (WITH AN ISOLATED SOLDERING IRON) and after wrapping with lots of tape, connected the scope.
If it's not an injector, I don't know what else it is - at idle 0V for 35us (after a minute or s) and 12V for 100ms, with the spike of an inductive turnoff after the low.

So, 100ms = 2 revs, 1 rev = 50ms = 1/20 sec = 1200RPM.

Sounds about right.
:)
My next cut at this is a non-invasive version featuring a modified injector fuse, but I want to do the easy bit first.
Piccys to follow, when I can find my memory-card-slotty-in-thing.

I figure that with a 100:1 resistive divider, it should be easily in the range of a laptop soundcard.

CMF_queazocotal

» CMF Member
Because unfortunately, I don't have the radio code, and until I'm ready to replace the radio, I can't unplug the ECU.
Fortunately, the colours in the book were accurate, though the worst case was only that I'd get it wrong and have to delay it till I could remove the ECU for better access.

Back