Slipping fan belt

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Actually I haven't personally changed it but it was replaced when I had it serviced and had the brakes done about 30,000 klms ago. The car has done 126K, and it does it when the air con is on as this is mostly the case for me (its too hot without it). Nothing you could say to me Tom would scare me, I have learnt to expect everything and assume nothing with this car. And I know its getting older and the day is coming when it will have to go, because I, unlike you guys, am not able to fix things myself, I have to rely on men/mechanics who take advantage of my being a female, therefore see me as a target to rip off. But getting back to this noise, if I don't have a fan belt (and I would like to know what I paid for when it was "changed") what could it be? Clutch doesn't slip, it's perfect.

Attachments

• 12602.jpg
    12602.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I refer to the belts as fan belts myself sometimes... Force of habbit. :(

I've heard of gearbox input shafts making a noise like squealing brakes. I think a dude on here with a red super s in WA described the squealing as a symptom he also had when his gearbox input shaft pooped out on him.

Listen your car has low km and until you start having electrical issues its not worth the pain of selling it. GEarbox is worth $550 rebuilt from Datrats apparently. Cheap as chips. New engines can be had for under $1,000. Thats sooo cheap.

Don't let me hear things like that again. :p

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Sorry Tom, but when you ring a mechanic and ask him to book your Micra in for a service, and he says "what's a micra?" it doesn't exactly instil a lot of confidence, and I cop this time and time again.

Attachments

• 12615.jpg
    12615.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 34
Back