size of exhaust piping

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
can i just check with you guys and gals here what the original size of exhaust piping cg10 and cg13 used?
if i just want to upgrade to a size bigger and still want to maintain the fuel economy of my car what the recommended size if i using back my stock rear muffler?
regulation here in my country is very strict about modding exhuast pls give your comment and opinion
thank you

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I'll shadow what aaron said.

I know the standard UK build micra exhaust isnt too bad at all. Nice sturdy piping, no overly restrictive bends. Just very small and restrictive.

Here's an idea. Why not see if you can fit up a muffler from a car which has larger diameter piping standard? That will mean you can do an enlarged pipe diamater exhaust but maintain low noise levels!

If your standard under-car catalytic converter is very small you could also upgrade it to a larger item from a larger car. I dont know if the Japanese built examples have a small cat or not. The UK build micras have a very large cat converter as they were a common item with the Primera which was built on the same production line.

Goodluck.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i have to say you could have good gains for fitting larger performance manifold , exhaust system and keep the standard back box/tail pipe. by the time the gas get to that section of the car it doesn make much difference. i didnt notice any gain at all when fitting a performance back box. a different matter if you have forced induction though.
stock bore is about 35mm i seem to remember.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
35mm is about right. And yes there are noticeable gains under 5000rpm from just fitting a decent set of headers.

GTRHOLIC had his IMPUL 4-1 system on his red LX before he got the rest of the exhaust. The performance with the standard cat back exhaust was quite impressive. The engine seemed like it grew up and had bigger balls in normal driving/traffic conditions.

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
aaron WROTE:

"its not worth doing if you use the stock muffler at the back..it defeats the purpose<BR><BR>you might as well leave it all stock

just to check with you
a)if i use a aftermarket 4-2-1 extractor
centre pipe i use 1.75 inch then the rear muffler pipe plus box i using 1.5 inch semi flow

b)if same thing i use 4-2-1 extractor
centre pipe i use 2 inch then the rear muffler pipe plus box i using 1.75 inch semi flow

which one is better? i wish to have some high end for my car
i am situated in singapore thank

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"I'll shadow what aaron said.<BR><BR>I know the standard UK build micra exhaust isnt too bad at all. Nice sturdy piping, no overly restrictive bends. Just very small and restrictive.<BR><BR><BR>Here's an idea. Why not see if you can fit up a muffler from a car which has larger diameter piping standard? That will mean you can do an enlarged pipe diamater exhaust but maintain low noise levels!<BR><BR>If your standard under-car catalytic converter is very small you could also upgrade it to a larger item from a larger car. I dont know if the Japanese built examples have a small cat or not. The UK build micras have a very large cat converter as they were a common item with the Primera which was built on the same production line.<BR><BR>Goodluck.

i using now is the remus approved exhuast for march k11]
2 inch straight flow and i feel my high end suffering
i am from singapore where exhuast rule and regulation is killing me
hahahahahahaha

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Polar WROTE:

"i have to say you could have good gains for fitting larger performance manifold , exhaust system and keep the standard back box/tail pipe. by the time the gas get to that section of the car it doesn make much difference. i didnt notice any gain at all when fitting a performance back box. a different matter if you have forced induction though.<BR>stock bore is about 35mm i seem to remember.<BR>

oic so if i upgrade to 40 mm or 45 mm
any different?

CMF_sukoo

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:

"35mm is about right. And yes there are noticeable gains under 5000rpm from just fitting a decent set of headers.<BR><BR>GTRHOLIC had his IMPUL 4-1 system on his red LX before he got the rest of the exhaust. The performance with the standard cat back exhaust was quite impressive. The engine seemed like it grew up and had bigger balls in normal driving/traffic conditions.

so any advise on wat a good setup?

Back