Sirmarky says hi everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ,
just recently joined & thought i'd introduce myself.
i have recently aquired a k11 susper s for £200 & love it too bits, up untill recently i was a cherry turbo man but i had to sell this due to lack of storage :down: .you can catch over at www.zxoc.co.uk
anyway im rather impressed with this K reg micra, it goes really well but unfortunaltly it has been at the mercy of some wasters in the past , the car is very 'run down' & needs quite a lot of work doing to it !
i just finnished replacing the wiper spindles (old ones well worn) & 'T' cutting the rust & paintwork :suspect:
next is a service (tommorow) & then i plan to get her looking mint & original.
it's a good job im a time served mechanic !
anyway , just a little info if anyone can shed some light is the approx value of my micra super s ? it's a k reg . white & has all the original bits n bobs including front spots & rear spoiler.
is it worth more than £200 do you reckon ? :glance: although the speedo shows 120 odd thousand miles :eek:

anyway , i will update with pics shortly , once i get her looking a little bit better !
catch you later

mark

Hope your enjoying the super s :)

I suppose the easiest answer is assumung that the rust problems aren't too extreme and not in any essential areas (such as the sills, front crossmember, etc) and the engine is still running nicely at 120k, yes, it should be worth more than 200 quid in my opinion. It would probably make more than that if you just broke it for parts on here to be honest.

I'd take a guess at around the £500 mark, although I could be proved wrong.

smegger (phil), read the guys questions before you jump in with your crap.

i personally think the super s was worth more than £200 and you got a bloody good price on it, despite the mileage

gam1984 said:
Hope your enjoying the super s :)

I suppose the easiest answer is assumung that the rust problems aren't too extreme and not in any essential areas (such as the sills, front crossmember, etc)

there is rust , but not in stress related areas luckily...
theres more panel damage , dents & scratches but it's white so does not show as much.
the floorpans are solid as is the front crossmember but sills are a little suspect, i feel that new sills will be required when it stops raining :laugh:
it's certainly cheaper on gas than my silvia turbo though :grinning:

mark

cheers guys , these days im happy to tottle around in my micra !
the cherry turbo needed work so sold it as i have no staorage facility...
i still have my silvia turbo that runs about 160bhp to have a little rear end fun now and again :)
just finnished srvicing the k11 , it needed it too !
i had a problem before when warmed up & booting it , it would hesitate , i cut open the old (rusty) fuel filter & was supprised to see a good part of what looked like blackpool beach in there !!
anyway she runs fine now & pulls lots better too , after spending £50 odd on genuine service parts & now my windscreen wiper work perfect with no squeeks as i replaced the ######ed spindles too !
finnaly i session with my trusty waxoyl pump finnished of todays work niceley & covered the rust prone ares with black waxoyl.

here's some pics :

super2.jpg

super1.jpg

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back