Should I Spray the Splitters? (Global Vote Please)...Picture Within...

Should i spray my splitters red?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Looking at the pictures below, should i spray the splitters red?

splitter1oe.jpg

imo red looks a whole deal better... did on mine!

but like peolpe will say if you have to ask, dont do it...

but i reckon outcome of poll will favour red...

Red as they look stuck on and 'barry' in another. Idealy you ought to have them blended in as well.

Weren't splitters meant to give a lower look with the safety of them taking bumps and rubs rather than the bumper?

Painting just makes it look like you want it lower to hard.
Anyone seen Puntos with those "stick on" bits that make the bumper look lower, chavtastic, but again it's your choice in the end.

goldstar0011 said:
Weren't splitters meant to give a lower look with the safety of them taking bumps and rubs rather than the bumper?

Anyone seen Puntos with those "stick on" bits that make the bumper look lower, chavtastic, but again it's your choice in the end.

Alright, I cant work out weather you think its better red or black? lol

goldstar0011 said:
Thought you could see who voted what, I say no, It's on car now, looks good, why mess with whats already nice

thats what I feel like...

Im going to mesh the splitters, fit a custom grille
then im finished on exterier

goldstar0011 said:

I agree, they are there to protect the bumpers, so spraying them will just be pointless. Splitters on almost every car i have seen come in black. If they were sprayed and did come into contact with the road, the paint would just flake off and look a mess.

Thanks to you who voted, this is the result...

Right, the vote came to 14...Black...9 Red...and rising...

Anyone who dont know what i am on about see here, http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8420.

This is what I decided to do...
mesh3qj.jpg

I meshed the Splitter as you see, and it look quite nice, it has also added alot of strength to it... Now apart from the front splitter and grille im almost finnished.

Here is a picture of the back:
best13sx.jpg

Alienfish360 said:
Think it will look a lot better if you have that rear bumper smoothed!

Well i'll have a work with the mate that did my side skirts and see what he says price wise, thanks for the comment. :)

Thanks Sonic!

i think if that was really really slammed on its ass, would be one of my favourite's on here from a side view..you done an excellent job on that

Glenn said:
i think if that was really really slammed on its ass, would be one of my favourite's on here from a side view..you done an excellent job on that

Cheers, how much would it cost to get it lowered?

Lowered Preview:
lowered6og.jpg

D4R73N said:
Cheers, how much would it cost to get it lowered?

For good springs, Eibach, you would be looking about £100 for these. Or you could get these but they are probably poo Ebay Springs

Fitting you could do it yourself if you were confident or a garage would probably dop it for around £50.

Its a very close poll!

Cant go wrong with spax springs, remember you can get a discount with demon tweeks.

Back