Short Shifter ebay

CMF_azman89

» CMF Member
Looks exactly like the one i bought and installed a few weeks ago.
It feels pretty solid and looks like a quality bit of gear. The top half of the shaft is the same length as the original, and the bottom piece is 20mm or so longer, giving just the right amount of throw. The throw is not over-the-top short, but just enough to give a sporty feel to it.
The only downside to this particular shifter is that the center pivot ball is maybe a couple of thou smaller than it should be and leads to a bit of vibration in the shifter which can be a little annoying.
Installation was a piece of cake, but you can't reinstall the heat shielding due to the length of the shifter.
All in all, it was well worth the 40 bucks i paid for mine and i'm still happy with it.
Hope that helps mate

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
made my own :p

Attachments

• 75417.jpg
    75417.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 30

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Would using one of these affect the longevity of the gearbox ?

Is it more of a 'race' thing rather than for the road ?

I know a version of these are used by the classic mini guys but they say that is using one the gearbox needs to be reconditioned sooner. I don't know if this is because of 60 year old technology and whether it applies for the micra.

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
i put in a twm short shifter kit from the states with ball bearing pivot for smoother action no rattles. As for the bottom plate this kit supplied me with 4x inch long alloy washers and longer bolts to re attach the bottom plate. so yeah just use a couple of spacers and longer bolts and you can cover that up with np. for the 5th back bolt i just used the original bolt and squashed it back together to meet up with the plate behind it. its only light sheeting it bends to shape easy.
http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/nissanshortshifters/nissanpulsarshortshifters.htm

Attachments

• 75533.jpg
    75533.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 32
Back