SELLING: Rear Brake Light 'Micra' Stickers

CMF_nzallblacks1

» CMF Member
Hi,

I've had these rear brake light stickers set up, in two different font styles. They are measured to fit perfectly behind the rear window brake light, and look pretty good.

Very easy to install, I'm asking $15 including postage anywhere in Australia, or $20 for both.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20255.jpg
    20255.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Im so sorry, just went for a drive then and looked at the back of my car and realised ive already got a sticker over the brake light... My sxc nissan girl! :( Sorry.

Sticker is still available!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Ermmm...

Placing an aftermarket sticker of ANY kind on ANY rear brake light (optional or not) is a defectable offence (read: illegal). Stupid rule (depending on circumstance) I know but it is a law. If a cop feels like pinning you for it then drop your dacks and slap on some lube...

And no, Rear hi-light's aren't an option on newer cars, they were on older cars though.. All new cars are now being produced with them so they are seen as a functioning part of the car so removing one from a car that comes equipped with them is also highly defectable

Sean

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The triangle style brake light arrangment with the 3rd 'backup' brake light mounted up high was introduced into the ADR's in 1989 i think.

But yeh anything which covers a marker or signal light (ie: brake lights) on a vehicle is illegal and you can be fined/defected for it. Yes this includes dust and dirt! They can also fine you for having blown bulbs but you'd have to find a copper on a really bad day to have that happen (a cocky bastard I know was fined for it - because he was being cocky).

So yeh, although you can see the brake light coming through the sticker it will still be classed as an obstruction to a signal light.

In saying that though my hatch brake light isnt installed at the moment.. lol i removed it for the tinting and just havent been bothered putting it back on. I really should get around to putting it back on.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I'm not saying they're a bad idea, in fact they look great..

I just think that potential buyers need to be aware of the legal implications of such a modification before they purchase, and that the seller should know the legalities (or lack of) of the product he is selling..

Nzallblacks1, don't take this as a personal attack at all because it isn't, I just don't want any members on here to get on the wrong side of the law through mis-information

:)

Sean

Attachments

• 20326.jpg
    20326.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23
Back