Second Key and Key Fobs

Hello,

I have a Nissan Micra (K11), the car came with two keys. One of them both opens the doors and starts the engine, the other one only opens the doors but does not work for the engines. In addition I have tried changing the batteries in both keys but none of the remotes work.

1) How can I fix the second key in order to also start the car and not only open the doors?

2) How can I fix the two remotes?

Thank you very much!

If it's a NATS model, then it could be that the transponder in the other key is not working. The door locks will open with just the key, but the ignition requires the chip to operate. Have a look into having the transponder replaced in the faulty key, some replacement key retailers should be able to do it. Either that or take it back to Nissan with a big bag 'o' money and they'll sort you out with a new key that works.

Not sure about the remotes unfortunately mate. Could be that they're not the right remotes for the central locking in the car. If you end up at your local Nissan dealer, make sure you take a second bag of money to have them looked at too.

Last edited:
Managed to fix it, took £70 for both keys to be reprogrammed and both the remotes to work. If anybody needs it, please send me a private message and I will give you the details of the locksmith.

Back