RS5F31V Technical information

CMF_AdStar

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I must admit I don't actually own a micra (don't hate me or run away). What I do have is an N15 GA16DE Nissan Pulsar.

I managed to source an RS5F31V gearbox with it's 2 drive shafts which I'm sure more of you know is a straight bolt on upgrade to VLSD for the GA16DE motor in the pulsar.

What I'm in need of is some help in sorting out a drive shaft issue. The shorter passenger side shaft isn't a problem, I just swapped them over (and it was very different to the factory one). The problem I have is the shaft I was give for the drivers side is identical on the wheel hub side and the length, but things go funky on the gearbox side.

So in short I was wondering if anyone has the FSM for the K11 that includes the break down of the RS5F31V transaxle + the front axle breakdown (which would give me the spline lengths etc)

Cheers and thanks in advance
Adam

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Whoever sold it to you sadly supplied the incorrect shafts.

The shorter shaft is completely different to the standard non-vlsd shaft in that the spline length is much longer in order to engage the viscous coupling. I do not have dimensions to hand, but a photo is attached showing you what it should look like.

Attachments

• 67385.jpg
    67385.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 27

CMF_AdStar

» CMF Member
Ok well I know the shorter shaft is the right one :) It's installed and was defiantly a longer spline then the factory one.

Hmm the drivers side shaft I guess I can just toss it in the "who knows" pile and I'll use my factory one.

The odd shaft (can't identify) is on the left.

Attachments

• 67391.jpg
    67391.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 30
Back