Route From engine bay to inside dashboard

macwillis

Ex. Club Member
i installed a cigarette lighter a few weeks ago just wired it off the stereo live and gounded it to the body and it works but i plugged in a small air compressor theother day and the fuse blew. i want to know either wire off the fusebox or from the battery but cant find a way to do either of these.
How do i gain acsess to the fusebox to wire off the cigarette lighter port on there. OR/ whats the easiest way to get a cable to the battery?

cheers

Easiest way to the battery is via one of a couple of grommets on the passanger side of the car, so behind the battery on the bulkhead as you're looking into the engine bay. You will need to get under the carpet then the fireproofing mat on the bulkhead but you should be able to feed your cables through there :).

I agree with Pete there, easy to find, only thing with connecting it direct to the battery is please ensure you install an inline fuse, close to the battery as possible.

Am I right in guessing that the big grommet on the passenger side in the firewall is where the steering column would go through on a LHD car? Seems to line up perfectly.

spot on, just pulled in a 2.5 for through the top grommet, dont know how i didnt notice them before. just need the crimpers from the office tomorrow and il be all set.

Back