Roof rack covers?

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Well as some of you know, i washed my car yesterday! I noticed that the roof rack black strips were somewhat loose, well, basicly not watertight, and appear to b holding little water. Obviously i am worried now as water's dangerous lol. Is there anything i can do or put under the black stuff to protect it?

Really want to look after this car :D

Will get a pic when i can. It's not exactly 'loose' but it's not watertight, and on the drivers side at the back it bends/pops up slightly so isn't flat on the car. Otherwise it seems fine.

Oh and Arnold doesn't drive it :), he's insured to, but i haven't let him yet lol.

i think it's normal for the gutter to hold a bit of water. especially after rain or washing it etc. all they are, is a cover to hide the join to the roof/side.

No need to worry Ems, they're not watertight......a little bit of water is normal. If you're worried about corrosion etc you can always remove them, use some clear waxoil, re-fit and wipe away the excess :)

Yeah it is rust i'm worried about. I know it'll take donkey's but it still worries me!! I'll see if i can find some of that waxoil then. Cheers :D

Back