ROCKING HORSE POO...

Having trouble finding a few bits, these being:

PCV filter
Throttle Body Gasket
The little rubber seal/ring thing in the idle control (?)

Basically gave the car a full service and the only part I didn't change was the PCV filter as I can't find one and nobody has any clue what one is, let alone where to get one. My local motor factors said it must be a dealer only part? Can't find one on ebay?

With the other 2, wanted to clean the TB/MAF as I had problems with high idle, which to be honest I'm not completely sure how to go about yet? But Haynes says I'll need a new Gasket? Again, motor factors said this is a dealer only part and I can't find one?

I gave the TB a quick clean in situ, took the idle control off, gave that a clean and the seal/ring thing appeared to have been caught somehow? That's freed up now and does appear to have improved things but it does have a little nick/tear in it so wanna change that... Again, no luck!?...

I've had a search on here for TB cleaning guides but it just throws up loads of threads that even have mention of TB in them?

I've had a search on here for TB cleaning guides but it just throws up loads of threads that even have mention of TB in them?

TB is quite short so that is probably causing the dodgy results, or being excluded from the search.

The PCV filter you can just wash out iirc.

The throttle body gasket i just use the brown gasket paper stuff, i normally buy A4 sheets.

Im pretty sure ive got the o-ring for the ide valve in a bag somewhere...from the TB i butchered. :)

Back